Lactusan - a dietary supplement, a prebiotic.
The composition of the drug and the release form
Lactusan released in the form of:
- tablets in a package of 60 pieces;
- syrup in a bottle with a measured glass of 100 or 300 g
BAA Lactusan contains about 55% solids: about 45% of lactulose (Isomer lactose - lactose), about 10% fructose and galactose.
Lactulose - a ß-glycoside indigestible carbohydrate. He does not split in the upper sections of the gastrointestinal tract in humans due to the lack of appropriate enzymes.
Lactulose misses the colon intact, where, under the influence of the flora of the colon (lactobacilli and bifidobacteria) is hydrolyzed to form a low molecular weight organic acids, whereby the gut pH decreases.
Due to the action Lactusan colon better absorbs ammonia and removes it from the body, increases the growth of acidophilus bacteria (including Lactobacillus), inhibited proliferation of proteolytic bacteria, reduces the formation of nitrogen-containing toxic substances that are released proteolytic flora and play a significant role in the pathogenesis of hepatic encephalopathy.
In the opinion of Laktusane, clinical effect occurs 2-3 days after the start of his administration.
According to the instructions Lactusan prescribed for:
- liver diseases of different etiologies;
- correcting the effects of antibiotic therapy;
- chronic constipation in pregnant women, the elderly, children and patients with long-term staying on bed rest;
- intestinal dysbiosis in children and adults of varying severity;
- renal insufficiency;
- colitis and various disorders of the gastrointestinal tract;
- allergic reactions;
- toxicosis pregnant women, accompanied by functional disorders of the digestive system;
- with the aim of protecting from an intestinal infection, salmonellosis;
- to enhance the immune system of the intestine.
The instructions to Laktusanu contain the following contraindications:
- lactase deficiency;
- hypersensitivity to the drug.
Side effects Lactusan
In the first few days of Lactusan Review can cause flatulence, which quickly passes. Sometimes there is a laxative effect.
In case of overdose Lactusan Review can cause diarrhea, abdominal pain, nausea, requiring dosage adjustment.
In case of receiving high doses of the drug over a long period of time, for example, in the treatment of hepatic encephalopathy patient, judging by the responses of Laktusane may occur diarrhea, and its background to develop an electrolyte imbalance.
Dosing and dosing Lactusan
According to the instructions Lactusan intended for ingestion.
Dosage syrup is:
- Adult - two teaspoons twice daily (10 ml);
- for children - one teaspoon twice a day (5 mL).
The drug is taken with food. The duration of the treatment - one or two weeks.
Dosage instructions for tablets Lactusan is:
- Adult - 4-5 tablets twice a day;
- for children over five years - 3 tablets twice a day.
Tablets drink during the meal, washed down with water. The duration of treatment is one to two weeks.
When running dysbacterioses duration of treatment increases to 1, 5-2 times.
Shelf life and storage conditions Lactusan
Lactusan should be stored in a cool dark place, away from children not more than 24 months.