Ksenalten (active ingredient orlistat) - lipid-lowering drugs that inhibit the action of lipase (an enzyme of the pancreas), as a consequence, blocking the breakdown of fats in the gastro-intestinal tract, which prevents the absorption. It is recommended for the treatment of obesity and to maintain a steady weight after weight loss in combination with special diets.
Before applying Ksenaltena should begin to comply with low-calorie, balanced diet rich in fruits and vegetables, with a fat content of not more than 30% of total energy intake. It should also be examined to determine the causes of obesity. If obesity is a consequence of the disease, should undergo treatment until they are cured before application Ksenaltena.
Pharmacological action Ksenaltena
Pharmacological action orlistat Ksenalten active ingredient preparation, according to instructions, is to inhibit lipases in the gastrointestinal tract. The inactivated lipase loses the ability to break down fats coming from food. Un-split fats derived from feces, they contain no calories enter the body, which helps to reduce body weight. The concentration of fat in the feces occurs 24-48 hours after dosing. Ksenalten inhibits fat absorption, coming from the food by 30%.
Form release Ksenaltena
Ksenalten available in hard gelatin capsules with a blue cap and a white or nearly white casing. The contents of the capsule - granules: 120 mg orlistat, 120 mg excipients.
The capsules are packaged in blisters made of PVC film and lacquered aluminum foil for printed circuit 7 or 21 pieces. Cardboard boxes Ksenalten preparation may contain 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, or 12 packages.
Analogues of the drug Ksenalten active substances (Orlistat) capsules are: Alli, Xenical, Orsoten, Orsoten slim, Orlimaks.
Analogs of the drug Ksenalten mechanism effects are not produced.
According to the instructions, apply Ksenalten:
- For the treatment of obesity, weight loss in combination with low-fat diet;
- To reduce the risk of weight regain after his discharge;
- In the presence of diseases that prevent weight loss by other methods, such as hypertension, dyslipidemia, diabetes, body mass index more than 28-30 kg / m2.
Application instructions for Ksenaltena contraindicated in case of:
- Individual hypersensitivity to orlistat or auxiliary components of the drug;
- Malabsorption syndromes;
- Concomitantly with cyclosporine;
- The age of 18.
Ksenalten, reviews, must be taken with caution in nephrolithiasis and with a history of hyperoxaluria.
Dosing and Administration Ksenaltena
Ksenalten by instructions should take 1 capsule every meal or no later than one hour after it, but not more than 3 times a day. If the food does not contain fat, the drug can be omitted.
Identified the following drug interactions when taken with Ksenaltenom:
- Warfarin and other indirect anticoagulants - possible reduction of prothrombin, a change in INR (international normalized ratio). Simultaneous treatment is recommended with constant control of INR;
- Nutritional supplements - reduced absorption betakarotena 30% of vitamin E by 60%;
- Pravastatin - increase bioavailability and hypolipidemic effect by increasing the plasma concentration of 30%;
- Multivitamin complex - reduced absorption of vitamins A, D, E, K. Taking a multivitamin is recommended after receiving Ksenaltena not less than two hours;
- Oral hypoglycemic agents - may be necessary to dose reduction due to a decrease in body weight and improve metabolism from taking Ksenaltena;
- Acarbose - data on pharmacokinetic interactions are absent, simultaneously is not recommended;
- Amiodarone - reducing the level of drug in plasma. Simultaneous treatment with Ksenaltenom possible only on medical prescription;
- Oral contraceptives - mediated reduction in bioavailability, possible unwanted pregnancy. It recommends alternative methods of contraception in addition;
- Cyclosporine - a decrease in the plasma level of the drug. It recommended a two-hour interval between doses of cyclosporine and Ksenaltena;
- Amitriptyline, digoxin, phenytoin, fluoxetine, sibutramine, atorvastatin, nifedipine, losartan, glibenclamide, furosemide, captopril, atenolol, ethanol - No significant clinical interactions.
Side effects Ksenaltena
Application Ksenaltena, reviews, follows can affect the organs and systems of the patient:
- Gastrointestinal tract - discomfort and abdominal pain, oily stools, and oily secretions, frequent defecation to flatulence, infectious diarrhea, fecal incontinence, discomfort and pain in the rectum, nausea, vomiting;
- Central nervous system - depression, anxiety, fatigue, sleep disturbances, headache, dizziness;
- Respiratory system - infections of the upper and lower respiratory tract disorders in ENT, otitis media;
- Genito-urinary system - failure of the menstrual cycle, vaginitis in women, urinary infections bodies;
- Musculoskeletal - arthralgia, myalgia, tendonitis, pain in the back and legs, disruption of joints;
- Skin - dry skin, rash;
- Others - various allergic reactions, influenza, edema.
In the case of aggravation of symptoms described side effects, or any other manifestations when taking Ksenaltena, you should immediately inform your doctor.
A positive side effect of Ksenaltena, reviews - reducing obesity related diseases such as Type II diabetes, hyperlipidemia and related risk factors, as well as a decrease in the internal (visceral) fat accumulating in the abdomen and liver.
Application Ksenaltena does not affect the patient's ability to drive and maintain the driving mechanisms.
The drug is recommended Ksenalten be protected from light, out of reach of children, dry and cool place. Shelf life - 2 years from the date on the package.