Ksefokam - anti-inflammatory and analgesic drug used for the relief of pain and symptomatic therapy of rheumatic diseases.
The active substance Ksefokam - lornoxicam.
Anti-inflammatory effect of the drug due to the ability to inhibit the synthesis of prostaglandins Lornoxicam, are among the regulators of biochemical processes in the body, as well as to suppress the release of free radicals, which are involved in triggering inflammation.
After oral administration Ksefokam maximum drug concentration in the blood can be observed within 1-2 hours. Ksefokam injections act quickly - the maximum concentration observed after 15 minutes.
About 1/3 larnoksikama metabolites excreted in the urine, and 2/3 - the bile. The half-life Ksefokam - 4 hours, the level of concentration of the drug is independent. Ksefokam, reviews confirm drug dependence and addiction causes.
Ksefokam pills prescribed for:
- moderate to severe pain of various origins: myalgia, back pain, cancer;
- rheumatic diseases for the symptomatic treatment of inflammation and pain.
Ksefokam injections suitable in the short-term treatment of postoperative pain and pain caused by an acute bout of sciatica (leg pain as a result of the defeat of the sciatic nerve), or lumbago (lumbago in the lower back).
According to the instructions, Ksefokam not indicated for:
- a bleeding disorder;
- ulcerative colitis, ulcers of the stomach or duodenal ulcer in the acute stage;
- severe renal disease;
- significant violations of liver function;
- hemorrhagic stroke;
- dehydration, hypovolemia (reduced blood volume);
- hearing loss;
- congestive heart failure;
- deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
Application Ksefokam is contraindicated in patients who reached not 18, pregnant women and patients, nursing their babies.
Instructions for use Ksefokam
For oral administration are Ksefokam tablets containing 4 mg or 8 mg of lornoxicam.
At moderate or severe pain administered daily 16 mg, divided into two steps. On the first day of treatment if necessary, may use an additional 16 mg.
In rheumatic diseases, as well as for maintenance therapy drug Ksefokam guide recommends to take two times a day for 4-8 mg, depending on the state of health of the patient.
Ksefokam injections can be administered intravenously (at least 15 sec.) And intramuscularly (at least 5 sec.). To prepare the solution for injection should take 8 mg dry powder and diluted with 2 mL of solvent. Ksefokam injections used in acute pain syndrome: The recommended dose - 8 mg, with little analgesic effect of 8 mg administered repeatedly. Supportive therapy involves the use of Ksefokam 2 times a day to 8 mg.
For patients with kidney or liver failure, diseases of the digestive tract, weighing less than 50 kg dose adjustment is required.
Adverse effects Ksefokam reviews and guide include:
- headache, insomnia, dizziness, drowsiness, irritability, headache, meningitis, hallucinations, neuritis (inflammation of the peripheral nerves);
- conjunctivitis, blurred vision, hearing loss, ringing in the ears;
- sweating, fluctuations in body weight, fever;
- palpitations, peripheral edema, increase in blood pressure;
- abdominal pain, flatulence, vomiting, nausea, dysphagia (difficulty swallowing);
- rectal and intestinal bleeding, peptic ulcer, hepatitis, colitis (colon inflammation), pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas), glossitis (inflammation of the tongue), stomatitis, xerostomia, changes in liver function;
- kidney failure, increased urine production, glomerulonephritis (inflammation of the tiny filters in the kidneys, called glomeruli), crystalluria (crystals appearance of salts in the urine), nephrotic syndrome (a condition in the kidney disease), impaired urination;
- skin rashes, allergic rhinitis, wheezing, bronchospasm, esfoliativny dermatitis (inflammation of the skin, which is expressed in its redness and flaking), angiitis (inflammation of the blood vessels and the subcutaneous tissue of the walls of blood vessels of the skin).
In a review of Ksefokam can find information about the negative effects of the drug on women's ability to get pregnant, because of the action of lornoxicam, aimed at the suppression of the synthesis of prostaglandins.
Keep Ksefokam instruction recommends in a dark, dry place where the temperature does not rise above 25
Ksefokam tablets and powder for solution when stored will fit within 5 years. Ready-to-use solution Ksefokam be used throughout the day, after 24 hours it is considered unusable.