Kraynon - progestogen.
Structure and Composition
The drug is produced in the form of a vaginal gel homogeneous, white or almost white, with a specific smell, soft consistency.
One applicator (1, 125 g) contains 90 mg of progesterone.
Auxiliary components: purified water, sodium hydroxide, polycarbophil, sorbic acid, carbomer 974P, hydrogenated palm oil glyceride, light liquid paraffin, glycerol.
Progesterone is a hormone of the corpus luteum, and facilitates the transition of the mucous membrane of the uterus phase proliferation caused by the action of FSH in the secretory phase. Reduces muscle excitability and contractility of the fallopian tubes and uterus.
The hormone progesterone inhibits the secretion of hypothalamic releasing factors LH and FSH, prevents the pituitary gonadotropins and ovulation stops.
The progesterone gel Kraynon included in the polymer delivery system that through communication with the vaginal mucosa promotes continuous release of progesterone for at least three days.
According to the instructions Kraynon appoint:
- as hormone replacement therapy;
- to maintain the luteal phase of the application of assisted reproductive technology (ART);
- with dysfunctional uterine bleeding, caused by a deficiency of progesterone;
- while secondary amenorrhea.
Upon receipt of assisted reproductive technologies to maintain luteal phase dosing instructions for Kraynona is from the date of embryo transfer, 1, 125 g (one applicator). Apply Kraynon at early pregnancy. It should be administered vaginally every day since the clinical confirmation of pregnancy and for 30 days.
In dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and secondary amenorrhea by dosage instructions Kraynona is 1, 125 g (one applicator), which is administered vaginally 15 to 25 day cycle. If necessary, the attending physician may increase or reduce the dosage of a gel.
As used Kraynon hormone replacement therapy in a dosage of 90-180 mg (one to two applicator) one or two times per day.
How to use the gel Kraynon
Before using the gel should inform the patient about compliance with the recommendations.
For convenience gel packed in a disposable applicator that must discard after use.
The instructions to Kraynonu contain the following rules for the use of the gel:
- The applicator is clamped between the top of the index finger and thumb, shaken to the gel moved into the lower end of the applicator.
- The applicator should hold the upper flat end. By turning should break off from the opposite end cap.
- The patient enters the gel into the vagina, while in the supine position with legs slightly raised.
- You must strongly squeeze the air container to hit the whole gel into the vagina. In the opinion of Kraynone, progesterone is absorbed slowly and for a long time. The used patch should be discarded.
According to the instructions Kraynon contraindicated:
- when porphyria;
- for missed abortion;
- vaginal bleeding of unknown causes;
- in acute disorders of cerebral circulation;
- malignant tumors of the mammary glands and genitals;
- acute thrombosis, thrombophlebitis and thromboembolic diseases;
- in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
Application Kraynona during pregnancy
Do not apply the gel Kraynon during pregnancy. The exception is early pregnancy during assisted reproductive technology.
In the opinion of Kraynon may cause the following side effects:
- abdominal pain;
- pain in the breast.
In the opinion of Kraynone may rarely occur irritation of the vaginal mucosa at the site of the gel, and intermenstrual bleeding.
There are no reviews about overdose Kraynone not.
Storage and shelf life
Kraynon stored in a cool, away from children for no longer than 36 months.