Klayra is a combined oral hormonal drug used to prevent pregnancy.
Klayra a multiphase formulation comprising an estrogen (estradiol valerate) and progestin (dienogest) ingredients.
These hormones contribute to the oppression of ovulation, increases the density of the cervical mucus and reduce the sensitivity of the inner lining of the uterus for a fertilized egg. Tablets Klayra have different colors that correspond to a dose of the hormones contained therein: 2 dark yellow and red, 17 yellow and pale pink 5 tablets. The package, in addition to colored pills also contained 2 white inactive tablets Klayra that make it possible to taking the drug continuously.
Receiving Klayra provides not only a contraceptive effect but also reduces the intensity and duration of menstrual bleeding, which in turn reduces the risk of anemia. Tablets Klayra help reduce the symptoms of premenstrual syndrome and pain during menstruation. Klayra, reviews confirm, to reduce the risk of benign breast disease, infectious and inflammatory diseases of the pelvic organs, ovarian cysts, ovarian cancer and endometrial cancer, ectopic pregnancy.
Apply the medication guide Klayra recommends that women of childbearing age in order to prevent pregnancy.
Keep in mind that birth control pills are not Klayra protection from infectious diseases, sexually transmitted diseases.
Instructions for use and a method for receiving Klayra
One package contains 26 Klayra colored white and 2 tablets to be taken once a day, preferably at the same time, in one piece. Reviews Klayra indicate that with proper use of the drug unwanted pregnancies are extremely rare, according to statistics - about 1% per year.
For ease of use to tablets Klayra strips attached stickers that are attached to the package, and help control the drug.
Instruction Klayra warns that after taking the second tablet may menstrualnopodobnoe bleeding, which may last for several weeks, until the beginning of the drug from a new package.
Klayra should start taking the first day of menstrual bleeding. If applied to other complex Klayra oral contraceptives, the transition from one medium to another should take place immediately, without interruption. After a miscarriage, childbirth and lactation before taking Klayra should consult a doctor.
A situation may arise when Klayra contraceptive pills were missed, in which case it should be remembered that:
- the forgotten tablet should be taken as soon as possible;
- if the delay in the use of the drug is less than 12 hours, the contraceptive effect Klayra saved;
- you can not take a day more than two active pills Klayra to replenish missing;
- If pills were missed in white, then take it later or use a barrier method of contraception is not needed;
- in the case of missing more than one active pill should consult a doctor.
If you forget the pill has not been adopted within the next 12 hours instruction to Klayra offers the following recommendations, which depend on the day of the menstrual cycle, which was missed taking the drug:
- 1-9 day - is necessary to consult a gynecologist;
- 10-17 day - take the forgotten pill, and the next 9 days using barrier methods of contraception;
- 18-24 day - do not take the forgotten pill, and start with the first course of tablets new packaging and are protected by other methods of contraception for the next 9 days;
- 25-26 day - take the forgotten pill, extra contraception is not required;
- 27-28 day - do not take the missed pill, extra contraception is not required.
If after taking the contraceptive pill Klayra developed vomiting, should act according to the scheme described above, since it is equivalent to omitting the drug.
Admission Klayra can be stopped at any time. If the reason for rejection of the use of the drug has become a planned pregnancy before conception instruction to Klayra advises wait for the next menstrual period to facilitate the determination of the expected birth date.
Although Klayra reviews describe as well-tolerated hormonal drug, in some cases, it has been observed adverse reactions to the active components of the contraceptive.
Possible side effects of the drug Klayra:
- changes in blood pressure, varicose veins, swollen lymph nodes, the tides;
- violation of a chair, gastralgia, vomiting, nausea, gastroesophageal reflux (reverse feed contents of the stomach), increased liver enzymes;
- reduced concentration, vertigo (loss of balance, accompanied by a sense of rotation itself or things around), migraine, cramps, headache, irritability, anxiety, increased or decreased sex drive, depression;
- intermenstrual bleeding, prolonged absence of menstruation, painful menstruation, breast enlargement, breast pain or lower abdomen, vaginal dryness, ovarian cysts, breast, cervical dysplasia, discomfort during intercourse, burning sensation in the vagina;
- acne or skin rash, hypertrichosis, alopecia, urticaria, angioedema.
Side effects Klayra reviews include herpes simplex, vaginitis, muscle pain, swelling, change in body weight.
Contraindications to the use of tablets Klayra
Contraceptive pills Klayra not appointed at:
- thrombosis, embolism, myocardial infarction, stroke;
- states preceding thrombosis;
- migraines with neurological symptoms;
- diabetes with vascular complications;
- pancreatitis with severe hypertriglyceridemia (elevated triglyceride levels in the blood);
- liver tumors;
- liver failure, or severe liver disease;
- identified hormone-dependent cancer or suspected to them;
- vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- pregnancy or the suspicion of it;
With careful control pills Klayra assigned when risks of thromboembolism or thrombosis and other diseases, which may be accompanied by peripheral circulatory disorders, as well as hypertriglyceridemia and hereditary angioedema.
Admission Klayra postpartum should be made only after consulting a doctor.
Store this medication guide recommends Klayra in a place where the temperature does not rise above 25
C. Shelf life Klayra tablets - 5 years.