Klabaks - a semisynthetic antibiotic, macrolide last generation.
Structure and Composition Klabaksa
Klabaks produced in the form of tablets, film-coated, 250 and 500 mg, in a package of 4, 10 or 12 tablets.
Each tablet contains the active substance - clarithromycin 250 mg and 500 mg respectively.
Klabaksa analogues are such drugs: Binoklar, Klareksid, Clarithromycin, Klaritrosin, Klaritsit, Klatsid, Kriksan, Lekoklar, Fromilid, Klarbakt, Klaritsin, Ekozitrin, Arvitsin.
Klabaksa active substance and its analogs, clarithromycin, bactericidal, bacteriostatic, antibacterial effect.
According to the instructions Klabaks shown at:
- bacterial infections caused by susceptible microorganisms: infections of the lower respiratory tract (pneumonia, SARS, bronchitis, including exacerbation of chronic bronchitis), upper respiratory tract infections (sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis) infections of the skin and soft tissue (wound infection impetigo, furunculosis, folliculitis), otitis media;
- MAI (including atypical, in combination with rifabutin and ethambutol), chlamydia, ulcer 12 duodenal ulcer and stomach (Helicobacter pylori eradication in combination therapy).
According to the instructions Klabaks is contraindicated in:
- are hypersensitive to clarithromycin and erythromycin and other macrolides;
- combination with terfenadine, astemizole, pimozide, cisapride.
Precautions should be prescribed Klabaks and its analogues in patients with renal or hepatic failure, and newborn babies up to six months (not installed security application).
Application Klabaksa during pregnancy and lactation
In the opinion of Klabaks during pregnancy can only be used in cases where the expected benefit from it the mother outweighs the potential risk to the fetus. In case pregnancy occurs during treatment Klabaksom or its analogs, must notify the patient of the potential risk to the fetus.
According to the instructions Klabaks not recommended during lactation as clarithromycin and its active metabolite into breast milk. At the reception Klabaksa breastfeeding should be discontinued.
Reviews Klabakse allowed to draw up a list of side effects:
- The sense organs and nervous system: dizziness, headache, increased anxiety, insomnia, anxiety, tinnitus, nightmares, changes in taste. Occasionally there is a psychosis, hallucinations, disorientation, confusion, depersonalization. In rare cases it can cause hearing loss, which disappears after discontinuation of the drug. There were reviews of Klabakse the occurrence of paresthesia.
- Hematopoietic system and cardiovascular system: rarely thrombocytopenia (bleeding, unusual bleeding), leukopenia. It is rarely possible occurrence of ventricular arrhythmias, prolongation of the interval QT, ventricular and atrial and ventricular paroxysmal tachycardia.
- Gastrointestinal tract: diarrhea, gastralgia, vomiting, nausea, glossitis, stomatitis, cholestatic jaundice, transient increase in liver transaminases. Rarely can occur pseudomembranous enterocolitis. There were few reviews about Klabakse patients the occurrence of hepatitis. In rare cases may develop liver failure.
- Genito-urinary system: rarely possible to increase the concentration of serum creatinine, renal failure, interstitial nephritis.
- Allergic reactions: itching, rash, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (malignant exudative erythema), anaphylactoid reactions.
- Other side effects include the development of resistance. In rare cases can develop hypoglycemia (during treatment with insulin and oral hypoglycemic drugs).
Dosing and dosing Klabaksa
Klabaks of instructions are inside.
For adults, the dosage is 250-500 mg 2 times a day. Duration of treatment - from six days to two weeks.
For children, the dosage is 7, 5 mg per kilogram body weight per day. The maximum daily dose - 500 mg. Duration of treatment - from seven to ten days.
Storage and shelf life
Klabaks stored in a cool, dark place at a temperature below 25 ° C.
Shelf life is 36 months.