Ketonal is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agent for the symptomatic treatment of diseases of the musculoskeletal system, as well as to eliminate the pain of various origins.
Pharmacological action Ketonala
Ketonal has anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antipyretic properties.
The action of ketoprofen active substance Ketonala, due to the ability to increase the pain threshold of the drug by inhibiting the synthesis of bradykinin stabilize lysosomal membranes and delay the release of these enzymes that promote inflammation in chronic tissue destruction.
The maximum blood concentration of ketoprofen can be observed already after 1, 5-2 hours after application Ketonal tablets through 65-80 minutes after application of rectal suppository, and 5 minutes after intravenous injection.
About 90% of output Ketonala liver, elimination half-life - about 2 hours. Slow excretion Ketonala in renal failure require dose adjustment for patients with this disease.
Assign User Ketonal recommends that such degenerative and inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system, such as:
- psoriatic arthritis (joint inflammation during psoriasis);
- Rheumatoid arthritis (inflammatory and destructive lesions of the large and small joints of the limbs);
- ankylosing spondylitis (a persistent limit spinal mobility with possible involvement in the inflammatory process of internal organs);
- osteoarthritis (joint disease provoked by the defeat of their cartilage);
- podagricheskty arthritis (joint disease caused by the deposition in various tissues of uric acid salts).
Application Ketonala it is also advisable when:
- muscle aches;
- neuralgia (lesion of the peripheral nerves, accompanied by bouts of pain);
- ossalgia (pain resulting from bone destruction);
- joint pain;
- tendinitis (inflammation around the tendon or inside);
- radiculitis (defeat bundles of nerve fibers extending from the spinal cord);
- bursitis (inflammation of the joint capsules);
- adnexitis (inflammation of the uterus);
- tooth and headache.
Ketonal used as an analgesic agent for post-traumatic and postoperative pain, accompanied by inflammation, cancer, algodismenorei (painful menstruation), childbirth.
Instructions for use Ketonala
Ketonal available in forms intended for oral use: capsules, tablets, granules for suspension.
For intramuscular injections Ketonal used as a solution or a lyophilisate for the preparation of the solution. Intravenously administered only solution. For topical Ketonal produced in the form of gel, cream, spray and solution. Candles Ketonal intended for rectal administration.
Take the capsules Ketonal instruction recommends three times a day for 1 piece. (50 mg), daily doses not exceeding 300 mg. Osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis 50 mg taken four times a day. Wash down Ketonal be a sufficient amount of milk or water, it is recommended to take the drug during meals. Ketonal Duo Capsules containing 150 mg of ketoprofen, usually take 1 piece. once daily, and if necessary purpose high doses for a short period can increase the number of receptions of up to two times per day.
Tablets Ketonal designate usually 1-2 times a day for 1 piece. (150 mg), the daily dose not exceeding 300 mg. The duration of the treatment - two weeks if necessary duration of the drug may be increased physician. Ketonal Tablets should be taken during or immediately after a meal, drinking water in sufficient quantities.
Candles Ketonal, the use of which can be combined with reception of tablets or capsules, is usually assigned to 1 pc. (100 mg) in the morning and evening.
Intramuscular injections Ketonal appointed standard 1-3 times a day 1 ampoule (100 mg). Intravenous injections Ketonal should be made only in a hospital. With intermittent introduction 1-2 ampoule is diluted with 100 ml of "saline" and enter within half an hour. In continuous administration same amount Ketonala diluted in 500 ml of "saline" or glucose and administered over 8 hours. Repeated intravenous injections are administered Ketonal 8 hours.
Gel and cream Ketonal intended for external topical application. These forms of medication used for pain in joints and muscles, which were caused by damage or injury, as well as tenosynovitis (inflammation of the tendon and its sheath). Ketonal cream should be applied to the affected areas two times a day, and the gel - 1 or 2 times. Occlusive dressing is not recommended. The maximum daily dose - 200 mg (10 cm cream Ketonal). Duration of treatment - 7-10 days.
According to the instructions, may cause Ketonal the following adverse events:
- abdominal pain, stool disorders, vomiting, nausea, dry mouth, stomatitis, abnormal liver function, gastrointestinal bleeding;
- nervousness, fatigue, headache, migraine, insomnia, dizziness, speech disorder;
- change of taste, tinnitus, conjunctivitis, blurred vision, eye pain;
- hypertension, tachycardia, peripheral edema;
- anemia, agranulocytosis, thrombocytopenia;
- nephrotic syndrome, renal failure, blood in the urine above the norm;
- allergic reactions on the skin, shortness of breath, bronchospasm, rhinitis, angioedema.
Ketonal cream and gel can provoke vascular swelling, hives, skin rash, skin necrosis, dermatitis.
Application Ketonala prohibited in case of hypersensitivity, "aspirin" asthma, peptic ulcer, ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer, diverticulitis (protrusion of the intestinal wall), Crohn's disease (inflammation of the digestive tract, which can be affected by all of its departments), blood clotting disorders, chronic kidney disease .
According to the instructions, Ketonal contraindicated in children younger than 14 years old, pregnant and lactating women.
Precautions Ketonal assigned to patients suffering from bronchial asthma, anemia, alcoholism, alcoholic liver cirrhosis, liver failure, sepsis, diabetes, hypertension, edema, stomatitis, diseases of the blood. Application Ketonala elderly patients should take place as intended and under the supervision of a physician.
Ketonal should be stored in dark, dry place where the temperature does not exceed 25