Izofra - an antibiotic used mainly in otolaryngology for the treatment of rhinitis and its derivatives.
Available in vials as a nasal spray. The composition includes an antibiotic drug framycetin, the content of which is 800 000 units. The total volume of one bottle - 15 ml. Manufacturer - "Laboratory Bouchard-Rekordati" (France).
Consumers may be interested in, whether Izofry counterparts. To date, the domestic pharmaceutical market there were none: drugs with exactly the same active ingredient as the pharmacologically active ingredient missing. With some degree of conditionality can be called an analogue Izofry Bioparox (contains antibiotic fusafungine) and Polydex, and in the last part of a drug "cocktail": in addition to the two antibiotics (neomycin and polymyxin B) of the medication and even included a corticosteroid dexamethasone.
Izofra has a bactericidal effect, that is damaging to pathogens. From this preparation suffer many bacteria, both gram-positive and gram-negative. Application Izofra finds in the defeat of the upper respiratory tract aureus, Escherichia coli and Haemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella.
Application Izofry suggests a narrow therapeutic specialization of this drug. It is used as a combination (together with other drugs) for treating inflammatory respiratory tract infections, including:
- rhinitis (inflammation of the mucosa of the nasal cavity);
- rhinopharyngitis (when the inflammation of the nasal mucosa joins the pharynx);
- sinusitis (inflammation of the paranasal sinuses). Sinusitis is a complication of a cold. The instructions on Izofru is a refinement, according to which the drug can be used for sinusitis only in the absence of deformation of the nasal septum;
- complications of sinusitis: frontal sinusitis (inflammation of the frontal sinus mucosa) etmoidity (inflammation of a trellised labyrinth) and sinusitis (inflammation of the maxillary sinus).
Another application Izofry - prevention and treatment of inflammatory processes that can develop as a result of carried out surgical interventions.
In a review of medical Izofre marked its sparing properties and high efficiency.
Izofra: Instructions for Use
According to the instructions Izofru accepted within 7 days after one injection in each nostril:
- adults - 4-6 times a day;
- children - 3 times per day.
The condition for entering the drug to a destination is upright vial.
In accordance with the results of clinical studies and reviews on Izofre, this drug has the following contraindications:
- hypersensitive to antibiotics aminoglikozidovogo series in general, and in particular to framycetin;
- pregnancy and lactation. Despite the virtual absence of reliable reviews Izofre regarding its teratogenicity (ability to disrupt embryonic development of the fetus), it should be noted that the aminoglycoside antibiotics, unfortunately, such action nevertheless possess. Therefore, if there are other options, do not apply the drug during pregnancy. Regarding lactation can say that Izofra tends to penetrate into the mother's milk and have an adverse impact on the child, causing his weakness and drowsiness.
The relative rarity of side effects is due to the local application Izofry manner in which its absorption capacity and, consequently, does not apply to the whole body. In a review on Izofru that accumulated during post marketing studies, as a side effect of the drug occurred only allergic reaction. Overdose with adequate use of the drug is practically excluded.
Frequent use Izofry or analogs of this drug (as well as any other antibiotic), is a recipe for microbial strains that do not respond to the drug. This is another argument (other than prescription) for the use of antibacterial drugs under close medical supervision.
Izofra: Storage Guidelines
The drug should be stored at room temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Shelf life specified by the manufacturer - 3 years.