Hikontsil - semisynthetic
penicillin antibiotic used to treat a variety of diseases.
The active ingredient Hikontsila has a broad spectrum bactericidal action, allowing its use for the treatment of many diseases. As a result of the synthesis of peptidoglycan Hikontsila breaks occurring during the period of division and growth, which entails the destruction of the bacteria.
Hikontsil produced in the form:
- Capsules containing the active substance in an amount of 250 and 500 mg;
- Powder for suspension for oral administration, 5 ml of which contain 125 and 250 mg of active substance.
Hikontsila analogues are the following drugs:
- For active substances - Amoxicillin, Ospamoks, Ekobol, Amosin and Gramoks-D;
- By way of action - Ampicillin, Standatsillin, Ampicillin-Verein.
According to the instructions Hikontsil indicated for the treatment of bacterial infections caused by susceptible pathogens to the drug, namely:
- ENT infections - sinusitis, tonsillitis, pharyngitis, otitis media;
- Respiratory tract infections - bronchitis, pneumonia;
- Infections of the genitourinary system - pielita, pyelonephritis, urethritis, cystitis, endometritis, gonorrhea, cervicitis;
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract - dysentery, salmonellosis, Salmonella carrier;
- Infections of skin and soft tissue - impetigo, erysipelas, secondarily infected dermatoses;
- Abdominal infections - cholangitis, peritonitis, cholecystitis;
- Lyme disease;
Furthermore, for effective prevention Hikontsil endocarditis.
Hikontsil for instructions apply contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug, as well as to other penicillins, cephalosporins and carbapenems. Also Hikontsil not use during lactation.
Precautions should be prescribed at Hikontsil:
- Polyvalent hypersensitivity to xenobiotics;
- Gastrointestinal disease in history (especially colitis associated with the use of antibiotics);
- Infectious mononucleosis;
- Kidney failure.
Hikontsil Tablets can be taken regardless of meals:
- Share apart and chew;
- Dilute 20 ml of water (to a syrup);
- Dilute to 100 ml of water (to a state of suspension).
Adults and children from 10 years of Hikontsil instructions prescribed by 0, 5 grams to three times a day. In cases of severe infections the daily dose can be increased twice.
Babies Hikontsil administered as a suspension thrice daily dosages corresponding age.
In premature and newborn dosage Hikontsila reduce or increase the time between meals dose. The course of treatment typically ranges from five to twelve days.
In the treatment of acute uncomplicated gonorrhea take once 3G Hikontsila, women are advised to repeated reception of the same dose.
When treating paratyphoid, typhoid fever and other severe infectious diseases of the biliary tract and gastrointestinal tract, and gynecological infections administered 4 tablets Hikontsila (500 mg) three times a day.
Treatment of leptospirosis is conducted for 6-12 days 0, 5-0, 75 g of a multiplicity of application four times a day.
With longer treatment salmonellonositelstve and is two to four weeks at a dose of 3-6 g
After the disappearance of the clinical signs of the disease Hikontsilom treatment should continue for two to three days.
Against the background of chronic diseases or low resistance of the organism may develop superinfection.
For the prevention of endocarditis prior to minor surgery adults appoint 3-4 g Hikontsila 1 hour. If the application requires re Hikontsila, the same dose may be taken in 8-9 hours. Children's dose is usually half the adult.
Against the background of violations of kidney function Hikontsila interval between doses should be increased to 12 hours.
In therapy Hikontsilom mild diarrhea is recommended to avoid antidiarrheal drugs that reduce intestinal peristalsis.
When applied in conjunction with Hikontsila estrogensoderjath oral contraceptives must be possible to use additional methods of contraception.
Side effects Hikontsila
Hikontsil on responses can cause allergic reactions, which often appear as:
- Flushing of the skin;
- Erythematous rash;
The major violations
indigestion caused Hikontsilom, include diarrhea, change in taste, vomiting, dysbiosis, stomatitis, nausea, glossitis.
The most likely nervous system disorders are depression, insomnia, confusion, dizziness, agitation, anxiety, behavior change, peripheral neuropathy, ataxia and epileptic reaction.
Much less is Hikontsil of reviews:
- Exfoliative dermatitis;
- Pseudomembranous enterocolitis;
- Erythema multiforme exudative.
In addition, when applying for Hikontsila reviews may develop:
- Interstitial nephritis;
- Shortness of breath;
- Candidiasis of the vagina;
- Thrombocytopenic purpura;
At high doses Hikontsila may appear the following symptoms of overdose:
- Disruption of water and electrolyte balance;
Drug interaction Hikontsila
Hikontsil not be used in conjunction with some drugs to prevent development of unwanted side effects and changes of the therapeutic effect. For Hikontsil pharmaceutically incompatible with aminoglycosides, whereby they can not be mixed.
The absorption of Hikontsila instructions:
- Slow - glucosamine, antacids, laxatives, and aminoglycosides;
- Increases - ascorbic acid.
Synergistic effect is bactericidal antibiotics, including aminoglycosides, vancomycin, cephalosporins and rifampin.
The antagonistic effect is bacteriostatic drugs such as chloramphenicol, macrolides, tetracyclines, lincosamides and sulfonamides.
In addition, while the use of other medications should be aware that:
- Hikontsil increases the effectiveness of indirect anticoagulants;
- The concentration of active ingredients in the blood increase Hikontsila: allopurinol diuretics, phenylbutazone, oxyphenbutazone and other drugs that block tubular secretion;
- Risk of skin rash increases allopurinol.
Hikontsil refers to the number of antibiotic prescription drugs with a shelf life of up to three years.