Hemomitsin - azalide, macrolide antibiotic.
Structure and Composition Hemomitsin
Hemomitsin available in three dosage forms:
- Hard gelatin capsules are light blue, containing 250 mg of azithromycin. Additional ingredients: corn starch, magnesium stearate, anhydrous lactose, sodium lauryl sulfate. 6 capsules per blister.
- Round, biconvex tablets covered with a grayish-blue sheath, containing 500 mg of azithromycin. Additional components: povidone, talc, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal silica, sodium carboxymethyl starch, magnesium stearate. 3 tablets in blisters.
- White powder for suspension intended for oral administration, containing 100 or 200 mg of azithromycin. Additional components: Anhydrous sodium phosphate, flavor, sorbitol, saccharin sodium, xanthan gum, potassium carbonate, colloidal silica. The bottle with dispenser.
Hemomitsin analogues are the following drugs: azivok, Azitroks, Azitral, Azithromycin, Azimitsin, AzitRus, Azitsid, Zetamaks Retard, GI-Factor Zitrotsin, Zitrolid, Zitnob, Sumazid, Sumaklid, Sumamed, Sumametsin, Sumamoks, Sumatrolid soljutab, Tremak-Sanovel , Ecolab.
According to the instructions Hemomitsin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. The active ingredient of the drug belongs to a subgroup azalides - macrolide antibiotics, which in high concentrations has a bactericidal effect.
Application Hemomitsin active against intracellular bacteria (Ureaplasma urealyticum, Chlamydia trachomatis, Borrelia burgdorferi, Mycoplasma pneumoniae), as well as against Treponema pallidum. The drug is active against the following Gram-positive aerobic bacteria: Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus agalactiae, Streptococcus pneumoniae, Streptococcus spp. groups C, F and G, Streptococcus pyogenes, Streptococcus viridans; against aerobic gram-negative bacteria: Campylobacter jejuni, Bordetella parapertussis, Haemophilus influenzae, Neisseria gonorrhoeae, Moraxella catarrhalis, Gardnerella vaginalis, Bordetella pertussis, Helicobacter pylori, Legionella pneumophila, Haemophilus ducreyi; and also against anaerobic bacteria: Peptostreptococcus spp., Clostridium perfringens, Bacteroides bivius.
To the drug and analogs Hemomitsin resistant Gram-positive bacteria resistant to erythromycin.
According to the instructions Hemomitsin appoint the following infectious and inflammatory diseases:
- scarlet fever;
- infection of upper respiratory tract and upper respiratory tract infection (otitis media, sinusitis, sore throat, tonsillitis);
- urogenital tract infections (uncomplicated urethritis and cervicitis);
- infections 12 duodenum and stomach caused by Helicobacter pylori (in combination therapy);
- infections of the lower respiratory tract (bronchitis, atypical pneumonia and bacterial);
- Lyme disease at an early stage;
- soft tissue infections, and skin (secondarily infected dermatitis, impetigo, erysipelas).
The drug is contraindicated or analogs Hemomitsin:
- with hepatic and renal failure;
- in case of hypersensitivity to the macrolide antibiotics group;
- in children up to six months (for the suspension of 100 mg);
- in children under one year (for the suspension of 200 mg);
- in children up to twelve years (for tablets and capsules).
In the opinion of Hemomitsin should be used with caution in:
You should also be careful when using Hemomitsin or analogue in children with severe renal or hepatic function.
Dosing and dosing regimen Hemomitsin
According to the instructions Hemomitsin intended for ingestion. Typically, the drug is taken once daily one hour before meals or two hours after, since the absorption of azithromycin is reduced, while taking with food.
Hemomitsin prescribed for children over 12 and adults with infectious diseases of upper and lower respiratory tract 2 capsules or 1 tablet a day for three days.
For infections of soft tissue and skin disease in the early stages of Lyme administered four capsules or two tablets a day for the first, and in subsequent days, the dosage is reduced by half. Course duration is five days.
In acute uncomplicated urethritis and cervicitis the dosage instructions on the Hemomitsin is 4 capsules or 2 tablets once.
In diseases 12 duodenal ulcer or gastric, associated with Helicobacter pylori, the dosage is 2 tablets or 4 capsules a day for three days in a combination therapy.
Children older than six months, the drug is prescribed in the form of a suspension of 100 mg, for children older than one year - a suspension of 200 mg. With infections of the skin and soft tissues of the upper and lower respiratory tract Hemomitsin suspension dosage for children is 10 mg per kg of body weight once a day for three days.
Side effects Hemomitsin
In the opinion of Hemomitsin may cause the following side effects:
- Cardiovascular: chest pain, palpitations.
- Digestive system: nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, cholestatic jaundice, melena, increased liver enzymes. Children Hemomitsin Review can cause gastritis, constipation, candidiasis of the oral mucosa, altered taste.
- CNS: hyperkinesia, headache, neurosis, vertigo, dizziness, anxiety, sleep disturbance, drowsiness.
- Reproductive system: vaginal candidiasis.
- Allergic reactions: angioedema, skin rash. Children can: itching, conjunctivitis, urticaria.
- Urinary system: nephritis.
- Other side effects include: photosensitivity, fatigue.
Overdose symptoms Hemomitsin on reviews from the following: vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, temporary hearing loss.
In case of overdose should be done and gastric lavage spend symptomatic therapy.
Drug interaction Hemomitsin
With simultaneous use of antacids Hemomitsin and slows the absorption of azithromycin.
Combined reception Hemomitsin with digoxin increases the concentration of the latter.
Enhanced toxic effect dihydroergotamine and ergotamine in combination with azithromycin.
Efficiency Hemomitsin increase chloramphenicol and tetracycline, and weaken - linkozaminy.
Hemomitsin stored in a dry place at room temperature for no longer than 24 months.