Griseofulvin - oxygen-containing antifungal antibiotic, one of the main agents for the treatment of cutaneous fungal diseases.
Antifungal provider fungistatic action against chitin-containing fungi genera Epidermophyton, Trichophyton and Microsporum.
It accumulates in the cells of the skin, hair and nails Griseofulvin can replace damaged tissues healthy.
No effect on the yeast-like fungi (candida), Aspergillus, and actinomycetes many species Penicillium.
Griseofulvin is produced in the form of tablets and ointments.
Griseofulvin tablets creamy white and odorless. They have a bitter taste. Each tablet contains 125 mg of griseofulvin. 10 tablets per pack, in a cardboard bundle - 2 pack.
Griseofulvin ointment is produced in cans or tubes of '30
According to the instructions Griseofulvin is effective in the treatment of fungal infections of the skin, scalp and nails:
- Athlete's skin, hair and nails;
- Onikomikozah, caused by sensitive pathogenic fungi;
- Tinea beard and mustache;
- Jock itch.
Griseofulvin is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Acute and subacute liver and kidney diseases (in violation of their duties), liver failure;
- Systemic blood diseases;
- Systemic lupus erythematosus and lupus-like syndrome;
- The cerebral circulation;
- Malignant neoplasms;
- Condition after a stroke;
- Uterine bleeding;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Children under 2 years old.
Instructions for use of griseofulvin
A feature of the preparation is the ability to act on fungi when administered orally.
Griseofulvin tablets used once or divided into several doses with meals with a spoon of vegetable oil.
The daily dose is:
- When microsporia: adults - 8 tablets, children - at the rate of 21-22 mg / kg;
- When onychomycosis, Trichophyton and favus scalp: adults - 5 tablets with a body weight up to 50 kg for each additional 10 kg body weight 1 tablet is added. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 8 tablets;
- When trihofitii and favus: children - a rate of 18 mg / kg body weight;
- In onihomikozah: children and adolescents calculated dose - 16 mg / kg body weight.
In onihomikozah during the first month according to the instructions Griseofulvin administered daily. During the second month of the drug is used in a day, then - 2 times a week until the full replacement of the affected nail healthy. The total duration of treatment - at least 8 months.
If you need mycosis weekly shave and wash your hair with soap and water at least 2 times a week.
In the opinion of Griseofulvin more effectively apply the complex - it is recommended to grease pockets of 2-3% alcoholic solution of iodine and rub into the scalp antifungal ointment.
When the treatment is recommended at least every 10-15 days control of the morphological composition of the blood.
Griseofulvin ointment applied externally. It is applied in a thin layer on the affected skin several times a day, but the daily dose should not exceed ointment '20
The ointment is applied:
- When ringworm smooth skin - the rate of at least 2-3 weeks;
- When microsporia scalp - a course of 2-4 weeks;
- In onychomycosis - 2 weeks day, then 1 time in 2 days (until complete replacement of the nail).
Griseofulvin ointment is not recommended to use as a prophylactic measure.
During the period of use of the drug can be dizziness, headache, rarely - disorientation. Very rarely observed leukopenia or eosinophilia.
According to the reviews of griseofulvin, rarely observed indigestion and allergic reactions (skin rash or hives).
Cases of drug overdose no information.
It reduces the effects of hormonal contraceptives, so during treatment is necessary to use non-hormonal methods of contraception.
The antifungal activity of griseofulvin may weaken while the use of some other drugs, such as barbiturates or primidone.
During the period of griseofulvin should avoid drinking alcohol and to refrain from training activities that require concentration and speed of psychomotor reactions (drivers of both personal and public transportation, pilots, climber).
Griseofulvin refers to preparations of group B and prescription of the doctor. Shelf life - 3, 5 years at a temperature no higher than 20 ° C.