Glycyram - anti-inflammatory drug.
Release form of the drug and glycyram
The drug is available in tablet form.
One tablet contains active substance - ammonium glycyrrhizinate 50 mg. The package - 50 tablets.
Also, the drug produced in the form of metered granular powder for solution for children.
Glycyram for instructions intended for ingestion. In the same package (1, 3 g) contains the active substance - ammonium glycyrrhizinate 25 mg. The package 30 packages.
Characteristics of the drug
Glycyram made from licorice - a medicinal plant, also known as licorice root. The plant used since ancient times to treat various diseases. The healing properties of licorice root are due to high content in plant roots likviritina - yellow flavonoid glycoside glycyrrhizin and about 27 different flavonoids, pectin and glucose.
The drug belongs to the group glycyram stimulants airway function, sekretoletik.
The pharmacological action of the drug
The active ingredient of the drug is the monoammonium salt of glycyrrhizic acid related to the category of triterpenoid glycosides.
Glycyram according to the instructions produces a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect, showing antiallergic and antitussive effect, improves functional activity of the adrenal cortex, low toxicity.
Glycyram of instruction prescribed for adults and children with such diseases:
- Atopic dermatitis, eczema;
- Asthenic conditions;
- As a laxative for patients with high acidity of the stomach;
- Addison's disease (diencephalic-pituitary form in combination with ACTH or as monotherapy);
- As an expectorant in diseases of the respiratory tract with heavy sputum (including bronchial asthma);
- Adrenal insufficiency (against the backdrop of prolonged use of corticosteroids). Also reviews of glycyram indicate good preventive effect in the period of cancellation or reduction of dose corticosteroids.
Instructions glycyram: dosage and method of receiving
Glycyram according to the instructions given orally.
Adults are one or two tablets two to four times a day for half an hour before meals. In more complex cases, the reception of two tablets three to six times per day for a half hour before a meal. The duration of treatment ranged from two weeks to six months.
Children taking the drug in the form of granular powder. One packet of granular powder is diluted in 20 ml boiling hot water.
Children aged from five months to three years, taking one packet twice a day. At the age of three to five years, the dosage is three packages three times a day. Children aged five to fourteen drink one packet three or four times a day half an hour after a meal. The duration of treatment ranged from three days to one month. If necessary, the physician may increase the dose of the drug.
Contraindications to receive the drug
Reviews glycyram shown that it is contraindicated in the following cases:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance - ammonium glycyrrhizinate;
- Renal or hepatic impairment;
- Heavy organic heart disease.
Side effects glycyram
No reviews glycyram and possible side effects have been reported.