Glutoxim (Glutoxim) - a drug from the group of immunomodulators.
Structure and Composition
According Glutoksim instructions issued in the form of a solution for injection 0, 5%, 1% and 3%. Ampoules are drug ring or a point of fracture, each vial 1 or 2 ml of the preparation.
1 ml of 0 5% solution Glutoxim contains 5 mg of active compound, 1 ml of 1% - 10 mg, and 1 ml of 3% Glutoxim - 30 mg. Besides the active substance solution contains auxiliary components, acetic acid, sodium acetate, sterile water.
The solution is a clear, odorless liquid (or with a faint odor of acetic acid).
The product is packed in a cardboard box, each box 5 or 10 vials.
Pharmacological action Glutoxim
Glutoxim provides a modulating effect on intracellular processes of thiol metabolism, which plays a major role in the regulation of genetic and metabolic processes in the body. The drug has hematopoietic (stimulates blood formation), hepatoprotective (protects liver cells) and immunomodulatory effects. Glutoxim has high tropism to the cells of the central immune system and lymphoid tissue.
This drug belongs to the group of natural metabolites and this causes particular its pharmacological properties. After injection, (subcutaneous, intramuscular or intravenous) bioavailability greater than 90%.
Maximum concentration in the blood was Glutoxim 2-5 minutes after intravenous injection and 7-10 minutes after intramuscular administration.
The drug is excreted mainly by the kidneys.
- prevention and treatment of secondary immunodeficiency (which is caused by radiation, chemical, or infectious factors) for the recovery of immunoreactivity and stimulation of the body's bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- the drug can be used to enhance the body's resistance to adverse effects (intoxication, radiation, etc.);
- chronic viral hepatitis (B, C, D) as a hepatoprotective agent;
- chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, for enhancing the therapeutic effect of antibacterial and hormonal therapy;
- prevention of post-operative complications of inflammatory nature;
- in the treatment of tuberculosis (disseminated tuberculosis in all locations, drug resistance of Mycobacterium tuberculosis), as well as to prevent toxic complications after TB treatment;
- comprehensive treatment of psoriasis in moderate and severe forms of the disease (with erythroderma, arthropathy).
Glutoxim contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
Since clinical trials on the use of the drug during pregnancy and lactation have not been conducted, in these cases, its application is also contraindicated.
In rare cases, the treatment with the drug may increase the body temperature to subfebrile (37 1 - 37 5 ° C). In the opinion of Glutoxim can cause soreness at the injection site. In the case where the injection are painful nature, may be administered with 1-2 ml of 0 5% novocaine solution.
In the opinion of Glutoxim rarely causes side effects and is well tolerated by patients.
Instructions Glutoxim: Dosage and administration
The drug is administered intramuscularly, subcutaneously or intravenously.
According to the instructions Glutoxim to prevent postoperative complications and to prevent the influence of unfavorable factors is recommended for daily intramuscular injection at a dose of 5-10 mg. Course duration 2-4 weeks.
In treating inflammatory lung disease, urogenital system, allergic diseases assigned 5-40 mg per day (a total rate of 50 to 300 mg of drug). The duration of treatment is 2-3 weeks.
In the treatment of tuberculosis Glutoksim assigned to 60 mg per day (30 mg, 2 times), the duration of treatment 2 months. After specific (tuberculosis) inflammation enters productive phase Glutoksim recommended dosage of 10-20 mg two times a day, 3 times a week. Recurrence rate after treatment with this drug might after 1-6 months.
For the treatment of psoriasis active drug is given daily (i.m.) 10 mg course of 15 days, then only 2 injections are made once weekly (for 5 weeks). In the treatment of uncomplicated psoriasis sufficiently Glutoxim daily administration of 10 mg per day for 10 days.
Glutoksim may be administered in the same syringe with other water soluble drugs.
According to the instructions Glutoxim as solvent at intravenous use 0, 9% sodium chloride (saline) or 5% glucose solution.