Ginipral - a drug that reduces the contractile activity of the uterus and removing its tone and relaxes the smooth muscles of the bronchi.
The active ingredient is ginipral geksoprinalina sulfate.
This medicine can reduce the frequency and intensity of uterine contractions, as well as to normalize during childbirth irregular or too strong contractions.
Use of the drug during pregnancy ginipral helps stop premature labor, which allows to extend the childbearing before the expected date of delivery.
Clinical studies and reviews of Giniprale noted a slight effect of the drug on the cardiovascular system of the fetus and the expectant mother: acceleration of heart rate, improve blood circulation, relax blood vessels, but the blood pressure did not significantly reduced.
Apply ginipral guide recommends the following cases:
- threat of premature birth in the III trimester;
- circulatory disorders of the fetus;
- diskoordinirovannaya labors;
- for the purpose of suppression of uterine contractions before caesarean section or dissection of the cervix;
- increased tone of the uterus after 12 weeks of pregnancy;
- treatment and prevention of asthma;
- bronhospasticskie reaction;
- bronchial obstruction.
Instructions for use ginipral
Ginipral, application is performed under medical supervision, is produced in the form of a solution for intravenous infusion concentrate and tablets.
According to the instructions, ginipral as a solution to be administered by slow intravenous injection over 5-10 minutes. Before applying the contents of one ampoule should be diluted in 10 ml of isotonic sodium chloride solution.
In acute and massive tocolysis (intervention to delay births) ginipral possible to use as an intravenous injection of 10 mg (1 ampoule of 2 ml) of the drug with the subsequent transition to the infusion or injection of the drug simply infusion at a rate of 0, 3 g per minute.
Prolonged tocolysis provides slow drip infusion at a rate 0, 075 mg per minute. If, within two days of the bout resumed, the patient was transferred to ginipral tablets at a dose of 500 micrograms.
Ginipral pills prescribed for 60-120 minutes before the end of infusion in an amount of 1 piece (500 g). First, the drug is taken every 3 hours, then the interval between doses is increased to 4-6 hours, with the daily dose should be in the range of 4-8 tablets. Ginipral pills recommended drink water in small quantities.
Application ginipral may cause unwanted effects such as:
- anxiety, sweating, dizziness, trembling of the limbs (tremor), headache;
- vomiting, nausea;
- loss of tone of the intestine, increase of serum enzymes;
- an increase in heart rate and decrease diastopicheskogo (lower) pressure in mothers;
- increasing the amount of glucose in the blood of patients with diabetes mellitus;
- decrease in urination;
- reduction in the amount of calcium in blood at the initial stage of treatment.
Reviews Giniprale confirm the possibility of pain in the heart and heart rhythm disturbances during the application of the drug.
Although in some cases ginipral pregnancy quite effective, there are contraindications to its use:
- tachyarrhythmias (fast heart rate);
- thyrotoxicosis (a condition caused by excessive intake of thyroid hormones);
- mitral valve and aortic stenosis;
- myocarditis (an inflammatory disease of the heart muscle);
- cardiac ischemia;
- liver and kidney disease severe;
- arterial hypertension;
- angle-closure glaucoma;
- intrauterine infection;
- premature detachment of the placenta;
- uterine bleeding;
- I trimester of pregnancy;
- intolerance of components.
The drug should be stored at room temperature in a dark place.
Shelf life ginipral - 5 years.