Gemofer - antanemic.
Structure and Composition of the drug gemofer
Issued drops for oral administration. Drops are transparent liquid yellow-green color with a characteristic odor.
The active ingredient in 1 ml of the drug is 44 mg of ferrous iron.
Auxiliary components: sodium benzoate, sodium hydroxide, flavor "Cocoa", 70% sorbitol, citric acid monohydrate, dextrose monohydrate, purified water.
Iron is essential for the normal functioning of the body, a part of myoglobin, hemoglobin, cytochrome C iron stimulates erythropoiesis: involved in redox reactions and reversibly binds oxygen.
Gemofer prescribed according to the instructions:
- When latent iron deficiency;
- When iron deficiency anemia;
- For prevention of iron deficiency;
- In chronic post-hemorrhagic anemia;
- During pregnancy and lactation;
- Preterm newborns from multiple pregnancies, children whose mothers during pregnancy had iron-deficiency anemia;
- Children and adolescents in the period of intensive growth;
- Adults (elderly and vegetarians).
Gemofer contraindicated for instructions:
- With an excess of iron content in the body, including hemochromatosis and gemosideroze;
- When anemia is not associated with iron deficiency (lack of vitamin B12, megaloblastic anemia, hemolytic and aplastic anemia);
- When anemia caused by malfunction of the mechanisms of iron utilization (sideroahresticheskaya anemia, lead anemia);
- If a hypersensitivity to the drug.
Gemofer perroralno used according to instructions. The daily dosage is divided into several stages. The drug is taken between meals, washed down with juice or water.
The dosage is prescribed individually physician.
For therapeutic purposes prescribed by gemofer instructions:
- Premature children - 1-2 drops (1, 5-3 mg) of the drug every day for 3-5 months;
- Children under the age of 1 year - 9-19 drops (15-30 mg) daily;
- Children aged 1 year to 12 years and children over 12 years - 28 drops (45 mg) daily for one to two times a day;
- Adults prescribed daily intake of 55 drops of the drug (2 ml) twice daily.
Children's medical gemofer dosage should not exceed 3 mg per kg of body weight per day, an adult - no more than 180-200 mg per day.
Preventive doses are half the therapeutic.
The minimum duration of treatment for gemofer instructions is two months. In the case of clinical iron deficiency hemoglobin level in the blood returns to normal only after two or three months after you start taking the drug. After that you should continue taking prophylactic doses even for a few months.
Possible side effects
Reviews gemofer patients indicate these side effects:
- On the part of the digestive tract may reveal symptoms of intolerance (vomiting, lack of appetite, feeling of heaviness or fullness in the epigastric region, constipation or diarrhea, bloating, nausea).
Application gemofer during pregnancy and lactation
Pregnant and lactating women leave reviews about gemofer, which can be seen that use of the drug for them is absolutely safe and sound.
Reviews gemofer showed that use of the drug in high doses can cause diarrhea or constipation with stool darkening, vomiting, nausea. In acute poisoning with high-dose ferrous chloride, iron (20-60 mg per kg of body weight) can cause abdominal pain and bloody diarrhea appear. Poisoning leads to increased loss of electrolytes and water.
At high doses the drug irritates the mucous membrane of the intestines and stomach and cause bleeding and perforation.
Judging by the reviews of gemofer, its toxic effect is an increase in blood pressure, after which develops hypovolemic shock, especially in fluid loss and severe diarrhea.
On the central nervous system toxic effects manifested in clonic-tonic convulsions, coma can occur with the growing metabolic acidosis.
In rare cases may develop liver necrosis.
When the manifestation of the first symptoms of overdose should stop taking the drug and start taking laxatives and emetics.
Patients in a review of gemofer indicated that the drug promotes browning of tooth enamel, so taking it should be carried out through a straw. Immediately after taking the recommended rinse mouth.
During treatment gemofer chair may darken resulting in increased iron content in the intestines.
In the presence of an auxiliary component of the preparation - glucose, which can cause fluctuations in blood glucose levels in patients with diabetes and in patients with deficiency of sucrose-isomaltase, fructose intolerance, glucose-galaktozovym with poor absorption syndrome.
Interaction with the drugs gemofer
Effect of the drug is neutralized: calcium phosphate, pancreatin, tetracycline, colloidal bismuth citrate, chloramphenicol, colestipol, zinc salts, cholestyramine.
Absorption of iron ions increases vitamin C. But vitamin E inhibits hematological effects of iron ions, especially in childhood.
The drug reduces the effectiveness of levodopa, quinolones, metildofy, penicillin, levothyroxine, tetracycline, zinc salts, and sulfasalazine.
We do not recommend the combination of iron salts with allopurinol.
Eggs, milk and reduce the effectiveness of the drug.