Gemaza - thrombolytic and fibrinolytic agents used in ophthalmology.
Release form of the drug and Gemaza
Produced lyophilized powder for injection of 5000 IU ampoules 1 ml, 5 vials per pack.
In one ampoule contains Gemazy enzyme - recombinant human prourokinase 5000 IU placed on an inert support.
Prourokinase is a thrombolytic agent and fibrinoliticheskoim, is a serine protease. Specific stimulates the conversion of plasminogen (plasminogen) into plasmin (fibrinolysin) - an enzyme lysing fibrin clots.
Gemazu of instruction prescribed for coronary artery occlusion (acute myocardial infarction).
Gemaza used in ophthalmology at:
- fibrinoid syndrome hemophthalmia, hyphema;
- Thrombosis of the central vein of the retina and its branches;
- prevention of adhesions after glaucoma operations;
- intraretinalnom, subretinal hemorrhage and preretinal;
- occlusion of the central retinal artery.
Method of application and dosage
The contents of one ampoule should be diluted 0, 5 ml of saline solution. The resulting solution dosage of 5,000 IU. The practice of administering Gemazy in ophthalmology parabulbarno and subconjunctival and the introduction into the anterior chamber of the eye. Duration of treatment - 10 injections.
For washing the anterior chamber at or hyphema massive fibrin exudate must dissolve 1 vial in 1 ml of saline, followed by 0, 2 and 0 ml, 1 ml of the resulting diluted solution is returned to 0, 5 ml of saline.
When intravitreal 1 ampoule for manual Gemazy diluted in 1 ml of saline, and then at 0, 1 ml of the resulting solution was added 0, 1-0, 2 mL of saline. The resulting dilution One entry intravitreal.
When effusion of fibrin and hyphema applied parabulbarno or subconjunctival administration.
When occlusive lesions of the optic nerve and retinal hemorrhages in the retina or vitreous, is recommended parabulbarno administration.
When fibrinoid syndrome of various etiologies and hemophthalmus possible Gemazy intravitreal drug application in ophthalmology.
As a preventive measure by adhesions after glaucoma operations 1 vial of the drug is diluted, for subconjunctival use. Is one to three injections resulting solution in the early postoperative period.
Gemaza of instruction is contraindicated in:
- blood diseases (hemorrhagic diathesis) and states with high risk of bleeding;
- tuberculosis in an active form;
- gastrointestinal bleeding;
- hepatocellular insufficiency severe (blood albumin of less than 3 g%);
- hypertensive crisis (possible recurrence of intraocular hemorrhage);
- Bacterial endocarditis;
- hypertension diastolic blood pressure greater than 105 mm Hg. Article .;
- proliferative diabetic retinopathy with gliosis III - IV degree;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- hypersensitivity to the drug;
- the age of 18.
Side effects of the drug Gemaza
When using the drug according to instructions Gemaza may experience an allergic reaction, as expressed in hyperemia and edema of the facial skin, allergic capsulitis (conjunctival hyperemia, chemosis, decreased motility of the eyeball).
When using the drug according to instructions Gemaza at recommended doses the risk of overdose is unlikely.
After a single dose of the drug in a dosage higher than 5000 IU increased risk of allergic reactions.
Interaction with Drug
Combined use of the drug in ophthalmology Gemaza with proteolytic agents showed that it was inappropriate to combine the drug with injections kollalizina.
Precautions should be combined with other thrombolytic drug.
The drug is well combined with dexamethasone and emoxipin.