Fucidinum - external preparation of antibacterial action.
Pharmacological action Fucidinum
Fucidinum - fusidic acid is a natural antibiotic, rooted in the practice of medicine in the early 1960s. Fusidic acid acts mainly staphylococci, including strains resistant to penicillin, erythromycin, streptomycin, chloramphenicol, as well as meningococci, streptococci, gonococci, pneumococci. The mechanism of antimicrobial action Fucidinum by instructions associated with the rapid inhibition of protein synthesis in the bacterial cell at the ribosomes.
Insensitive to Fucidinum salmonella, E. coli, Proteus, fungi and protozoa.
Combined with gidrokotizonom Fucidinum according to the instructions along with anti-inflammatory and antibacterial gets antipruritic property.
Fucidinum released into the dosage form:
- Cream for external application of 2%, and 15 g aluminum tubes. One tube per pack;
- Ointments for topical application of 2%, to 15 g of the aluminum tubes. One tube per pack;
- Creams for topical application, containing fusidic acid and hydrocortisone at 15 g aluminum tubes. One tube in the package.
Analogues Fucidinum mechanism of action drugs are Altargo, Antiseptic sponge with kanamycin, Baktroban, Baneotsin, gentamicin, chloramphenicol, neomycin, Supirotsin, Fuzimet.
Fucidinum used for infections caused by bacteria that are sensitive to the action of fusidic acid.
Fucidinum not indicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components of the drug.
Fucidinum in combination with hydrocortisone is not indicated:
- If a primary infection of the skin that are caused by bacteria, fungi or viruses, or herpes varicella;
- If cutaneous manifestations of syphilis;
- In cases of perioral dermatitis;
- In cases of tuberculosis of the skin;
- When pink acne;
- If a hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Children up to two years.
locally. Cream or ointment applied to the affected skin area three or four times a day for one to two weeks, depending on the severity of the disease.
The recommendations are the same for infants, children and adults.
When applying Fucidinum in combination with hydrocortisone method of using the same, but it is permitted to pediatric use since two years.
In the opinion of Fucidinum used with caution during pregnancy and lactation.
Side effects Fucidinum
In the opinion of Fucidinum can sometimes cause:
- skin irritation;
- Dry skin;
- Erythema (redness of the skin strong due to the expansion of capillaries);
- Contact dermatitis;
- Angioneurotic edema and periorbital;
- Allergic reactions.
Fucidinum stored in a dark place, away from children, at temperatures up to 25 ° C. Shelf life - 36 months.