Folic acid - the drug group B vitamins (B9) used for the prevention of anemia in pregnancy, and in cases of malnutrition.
Vitamin B9 (folic acid) has hematopoietic effect.
The characteristic property of Folic acid - the ability to restore the immune system, to support the work of the heart and blood vessels. Vitamin B9 is synthesized by the intestinal microflora, in medicine it is prepared synthetically.
Folic acid according to the instructions ensures the formation of blood cells. Her lack of breaks blood, delaying the transformation of immature forms of red blood cells into mature (megaloblastic forms normoblasticheskie).
According to the instructions Folic acid contributes to the process of formation of red blood cells (erythropoiesis) with a lack of iron in the body and is involved in the synthesis of nucleic acids, amino acids, purine and pyrimidine bases.
Folic acid is found in foods and plants such as beans, cabbage, lettuce, spinach, green onions, soy, beets, carrots, tomatoes, wheat, yeast, flour, meal and its products, buckwheat and oat cereals, liver, kidneys animals , cheese, eggs, eggs, cheese.
Form release Folate
Folic acid produced in the dosage form of powder and tablets of 1 mg (of 25 and 50 pieces per pack).
Also produces folic acid 9 months, containing 400 mg of active ingredient per tablet. 30, 60, and 90 pieces in a package.
Folic acid analogues mechanism of action are tablets and Askofol Foliber and preparations of ascorbic acid.
Indications Folic acid
According to the instructions Folic acid is prescribed:
- In order to prevent the development of neural tube defects in the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy;
- If folic acid deficiency, including malnutrition, pregnancy;
- In the treatment of tropical and non-sprue (malabsorption of most nutrients in the intestines);
- In the case of megaloblastic anemia caused by folic acid deficiency;
- When drug and radiation anemia and leukopenia;
- In tuberculosis of the intestine;
- In chronic gastroenteritis.
Use of Folic acid during pregnancy can get rid of many of the complications during childbirth and postrodovoy depression.
Folic acid is not indicated:
- In case of hypersensitivity to the drug;
- In the case of pernicious anemia (malabsorption of vitamin B12);
- At deficiency of cobalamin;
- In the case of hemochromatosis (iron metabolic);
- In the case of hemosiderosis;
- In childhood.
Method of use and dosage of Folic Acid
When the treatment is applied
The following dosage Folic acid:
- With its lack of body - one tablet (400 mg) per day;
- When treating anemia - 2-3 mg per day.
For prevention is usually used folic acid in doses:
- In order to prevent the development of neural tube defects in the fetus in the first trimester of pregnancy - up to two tablets (800 mg) per day;
- When prevent anemia - 1 mg per day.
Folic acid is used after or during a meal inside.
The duration of treatment typically is 60 days, the duration of maintenance therapy ranges from 60 to 90 days.
In the opinion of folic acid can cause:
- Nausea, bitter taste in the mouth, bloating;
- Allergic reactions such as pruritus, rash, erythema, bronchospasm, hyperthermia.
With an overdose of folic acid on responses possible vitamin deficiencies of vitamin B12.
Storage conditions Folate
Tablets should be stored in a dark, dry place, away from children. Storage time - 36 months (at temperatures up to 25 ° C).