Finlepsin - Preparations of antiepileptic drugs has also mood stabilizer, antidiuretic, antimanic
and analgesic (neuralgia) effect
. The product contains the active ingredient - carbamazepine
. Finlepsinum mechanism of action is a blockade of sodium channels, thereby stabilizing the membrane of neurons, inhibited the occurrence of serial bits neurons decreased synaptic neurons holding
. The drug reduces the release of glutamate, can increase a reduced seizure threshold, reducing the risk of epileptic seizure
. Finlepsin corrects personality changes associated with epilepsy, as a result of increasing the communication skills of patients and improving their social adaptation
. The drug is effective in neuropathic pain, post-traumatic paresthesia, post-herpetic neuralgia
. When alcohol withdrawal finlepsin causes an increase in the threshold of convulsive readiness, reduces tremors, irritability, gait disturbance
. Pain in trigeminal neuralgia quickly docked at reception finlepsin
. Indication for the drug is also a diabetes insipidus in which finlepsin leads to a decrease in urine output, decreased thirst, water balance compensation
. Antimanic effect finlepsin develops in about 10 days
Positive feedback on finlepsin based on high efficiency of the drug. Finlepsin refers to the drug of choice in the treatment of epilepsy. Prolonged form of the drug helps to maintain stable plasma concentrations of carbamazepine, resulting in reduced incidence of complications of therapy and increases the effectiveness of treatment even at lower doses finlepsin.
According to the instructions finlepsin, indications for its use are:
- epilepsy (including absences, sluggish, myoclonic seizures);
- idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia;
- typical and atypical trigeminal neuralgia, caused by multiple sclerosis;
- idiopathic neuralgia glossopharyngeal nerve;
- acute manic states (in monotherapy or combination therapy);
- faznoprotekayuschie affective disorders;
- alcohol withdrawal syndrome;
- central diabetes insipidus;
- polydipsia and polyuria neurohormonal origin.
The instructions to finlepsin describes such a contraindication to its use:
- hypersensitivity to carbamazepine;
- violation of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- acute intermittent porphyria;
- simultaneous reception of MAO inhibitors;
Caution should be used when finlepsin decompensated heart failure, ADH hypersecretion syndrome, hypopituitarism, adrenal insufficiency, hypothyroidism, active alcoholism, old age, liver failure, increased intraocular pressure.
Side effects finlepsin
Registered the following side effects arising from the application finlepsin:
- by the National Assembly: dizziness, headache, impaired thinking, hallucinations, paresthesia, hyperkinesis, unmotivated aggression;
- from the gastrointestinal tract: nausea, vomiting, increased liver transaminases;
- From the CCC: increase or decrease in blood pressure, decreased heart rate, impaired AV-conduction;
- From hemopoiesis system: decrease in the number of neutrophils, white blood cells, platelets;
- by the kidneys: oliguria, hematuria, nephritis, edema, renal failure;
- by Respiratory pneumonitis;
- on the part of the endocrine system: increase in prolactin levels accompanied by galactorrhea, gynecomastia, changes in the level of thyroid hormones;
- others: allergic reactions, including Stevens-Johnson syndrome.
A large number of side effects is the cause of the negative reviews finlepsin from patients. Prevent their occurrence or the severity can be reduced when used according to instructions finlepsin in adequate dosage and under strict medical supervision.
Instructions for use, dosage finlepsin
for oral administration. The starting dose for adults is 0, 2-0, 3 grams per day. Gradually the dosage is increased to 1, 2, the maximum daily dosage is 1, 6 g daily dose administered in three or four receiving prolonged forms - one - two steps.
Dosage finlepsin for children - 20 mg / kg. Up to 6 years of age do not use pills finlepsin.
Application finlepsin during pregnancy
On strict finlepsin may be appointed in the II-III trimesters of pregnancy.
Interaction with other drugs finlepsin
Finlepsin unacceptable simultaneous application with MAO inhibitors. Other anticonvulsants may reduce the anticonvulsant action finlepsin. Together with the admission of the drug valproic acid may develop disorders of consciousness, coma. Finlepsin increases lithium toxicity of drugs. With the simultaneous use of macrolides, calcium channel blockers, isoniazid, cimetidine with finlepsin increased plasma concentration of the latter. Finlepsin reduces the activity of anticoagulants and contraceptives.
In overdose finlepsin may cause impairment of consciousness, respiratory depression and cardiovascular systems, violation of blood, kidney damage. Therapy nonspecific: gastric lavage, the use of laxatives and enterosorbents. Due to the high ability of the drug to bind to plasma proteins peritoneal dialysis and forced diuresis in overdose finlepsin not effective. Reins hemosorbtion on coal sorbents. Young children may conduct exchange transfusion.
Due to the high efficiency of the drug, the possibility of the appointment in various clinical situations finlepsin positive reviews. The drug has an effective antiepileptic effect analgesic effect neuralgia.
The following analogues finlepsin: Antinevral, Zagretol, Apo-Carbamazepine, Zeptol, Karbalepsin retard Karbapin, Mazepin, Karbasan retard Stazepin, Tegretol, Storilat, Epial.
Before using this drug need to study in detail the instructions in the finlepsin.
In the selection of the optimal dosage is expedient to determine the plasma concentration of carbamazepine. Sudden withdrawal of the drug is able to provoke a seizure. It is also necessary to monitor liver tramsaminaz the appointment finlepsin. On strict finlepsin it can be used in patients with elevated intraocular pressure, but it is necessary to monitor this indicator.