Fervex - combined medication used for the treatment of acute respiratory infections as a symptomatic therapy.
Due to falling
of the active components Fervex drug is effective for reducing the symptoms of acute respiratory diseases.
Paracetamol, affecting thermoregulation center, has antipyretic and analgesic effect, eliminating the headaches and reducing fever.
Ascorbic acid is the active ingredient Fervex, stimulates the immune system, helping to increase the body's resistance, and is also involved in the regulation of carbohydrate metabolism and tissue regeneration processes.
Pheniramine, as a blocker of histamine H1-receptor, reduces the feeling of nasal congestion, runny nose, watery eyes, sneezing, redness of eyes and itching.
Form release Fervex
Fervex produced in the form of powder for solution bags with lemon (light beige) and raspberry (light pink color) taste, which includes:
- Pheniramine maleate, 25 mg;
- 500 mg of acetaminophen;
- 200 mg ascorbic acid.
The structure Fervex for children (banana flavor) includes:
- Pheniramine maleate, 10 mg;
- 280 mg of acetaminophen;
- 100 mg ascorbic acid.
Fervex analogues are the following drugs:
- As active components - Fastorik, Flukoldin and Febritset;
- By way of action - Antigrippin, Antiflu, Kalpol, Apap, Grippostad, Gevadal, Daleron, Ifimol, Kaffetin, Coldrex, Migrenol, Panadol, Paracetamol, Koldfri and others.
According to the instructions Fervex indicated for:
- SARS (as symptomatic therapy);
Fervex contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract (especially in the acute phase);
- Portal hypertension;
- Renal insufficiency;
- Lack of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Hypersensitivity to the Fervex.
Furthermore, it should not be taken Fervex the age of fifteen years, in the first and third trimesters of pregnancy and lactation. The drug Fervex for children (with a reduced content of active ingredients) may be used in pediatric patients six years.
Fervex of instructions should be taken with care for the elderly, as well as:
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Viral and alcoholic hepatitis;
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Congenital hyperbilirubinemia (Dubin-Johnson syndrome, Gilbert and Rotor).
Before applying Fervex sachet must be dissolved in a glass of warm water, and the resulting solution should be drunk immediately.
According to the testimony Fervex should take one sachet to three times a day at intervals of not less than four hours. The most effective is the use of Fervex between meals.
For the elderly, as well as the development of the disease on the background of liver dysfunction or renal interval between doses Fervex solution should be at least 8 hours.
Children between six and fifteen years of age can only take Fervex children in a single dose of 1 sachet. Multiplicity of reception (at intervals of not less than 4 hours):
- 6-10 years old - twice a day;
- 10-12 years - three times a day;
- 2-15 years - up to four times per day.
In the case of receiving Fervex without medical purpose should comply with the following duration of the drug:
- Up to five days - as the analgesic;
- Up to three days - both antipyretic.
With an overdose of the most significant side effects develop due to paracetamol, which is part of Fervex. In these cases may occur:
- Decreased appetite;
- Pale skin;
- Gepatonekroz, the severity of which depends on the degree obtained overdose.
These symptoms tend to develop when paracetamol in an amount of more than 10 g, and the liver disease which develops over the six days.
Drug interaction Fervex
The risk of developing
side effects such as dry mouth, urinary retention and constipation increases with simultaneous use Fervex with antidepressants, antiparkinsonian and antipsychotic drugs.
The risk of developing glaucoma increases while receiving Fervex with glucocorticoids.
Of severe intoxication with small overdose Fervex contribute:
- Tricyclic antidepressants;
In the opinion of Fervex well tolerated (for admission to the recommended doses).
In some cases, Fervex, reviews, can cause the following violations:
- Nausea and epigastric pain, much less - dry mouth (digestive system);
- Skin rash, hives, itching, angioedema (an allergic reaction);
- Thrombocytopenia, anemia and methemoglobinemia (hematopoietic system);
- Retention of urine (urinary system).
Also, if an existing predisposition Fervex, reviews, can lead to drowsiness and paresis of accommodation, and long-term use - a violation of the kidneys and liver.
Fervex refers to the number of antipyretic analgesics and allowed to leave without a prescription. Storage life - not more than three years.