Evening primrose oil
Evening primrose oil - dietary supplement used as an additional source of polyunsaturated acids, vitamin E. Currently, the drug is also widely used in the treatment of gynecological diseases, cosmetology, hair treatment.
Evening primrose oil: structure, characteristics of the main components
Evening primrose oil is produced by cold pressing the seeds of evening primrose, belonging to the genus of the plant family kipreyny. The composition comprises vitamin E oil, fatty acid, gamma-linolenic acid.
Vitamin E (tocopherol) regulates the reproductive function, is a powerful antioxidant, immunomodulator. Vitamin not synthesized and does not accumulate in the body. The main sources of vitamin E for the body is food. Vitamin imbalance leads to disruption of many functions.
The main properties of vitamin E are:
- Defending the red blood cells, improves the transport of oxygen to tissues and organs;
- It protects cell membranes from oxidative damage;
- It prevents blood clots;
- Regulates the reproductive system (sperm production normalizes compensates deficiency of estrogen in the female body);
- Rejuvenating effect for the skin;
- Normalization of the hair and nails;
- It promotes cell growth and division (appointed during pregnancy).
Regular intake of evening primrose oil capsules fills the daily value of vitamin E to the body.
Gamma-linolenic acid in the oil of evening primrose - a polyunsaturated fatty acid omega-6 series, membrane-rendering, anti-atherosclerotic, angioprotective, immunomodulating, analgesic, anti-inflammatory effect. This acid regulates the function of the adrenal glands and gonads, normalizes blood rheology, contributes to the speedy regeneration of tissues by mechanical trauma, rapid healing of ulcers. Gamma-linolenic acid activates the metabolism of the brain.
Gamma-linolenic acid is not synthesized in the body. However, it participates in the synthesis of prostaglandins - substances physiologically active lipid regulating vital functions in the body (normalization of gastric secretion, contraction of the uterus during pregnancy, stimulating gastrointestinal smooth muscle contraction, etc.).
HCA is needed during hypoglycemia, diabetes mellitus, and is also used in the treatment of diseases and correction of the following states:
- Hypertension, coronary artery disease;
- Rehabilitation process after a viral and bacteriological infections;
- Treatment of joints (arthritis, arthrosis);
- Women's frigidity, menstrual irregularities;
- Correction of CNS disorders involving decrease in the level of psychic energy, intellectual functions;
- Depression, chronic fatigue syndrome, apathy, irritability;
- Migraines of unknown origin;
- Prevention of cancer;
- Normalization of the general condition after surgery.
Evening primrose oil capsules contain a sufficient amount of gamma-linolenic acid to replenish its balance in the body.
Due to its unique composition of evening primrose oil is an alternative source of polyunsaturated acids and vitamin E to achieve a therapeutic effect.
Evening primrose oil: application, side effects, contraindications
Evening primrose oil has unique properties due to the high content of vitamins and acids. Evening primrose seed oil is not used as a drug, but it is recommended to use as a dietary supplement.
Evening primrose oil, the use of which is not limited to (virtually no contraindications), is used for:
- Relief of symptoms of premenstrual syndrome, menopausal disorders (active substances oil normalize the hormonal balance in women participating in the synthesis of sex hormones, prevents inflammatory processes, the development of endometriosis);
- Relief of the symptoms of male menopause associated with decreased production of sex hormones;
- Normalization of the reproductive function of the body;
- Treatment of depression;
- Treatment of skin diseases (ekzemnogo, allergic);
- Normalization of metabolic processes;
- Normalization of the digestive tract function;
- Increasing protective functions;
- Weight loss;
- The normalization condition of the skin, nails, hair.
The main contraindication to the use of evening primrose oil is an individual intolerance of components. However, allergic reactions are extremely rare.
Evening primrose oil, the use of which should be coordinated with the attending physician, the drug is safe.
For convenience, evening primrose oil produced in gelatin capsules at 500 mg and the oil solution, more convenient in use for cosmetic procedures.
Some sources indicate the effectiveness of evening primrose oil in the treatment of malignant and benign tumors of the character, but there is no scientific evidence of this fact.
Evening primrose oil is often used for a restorative effect for the prevention of cardiovascular disease, normalization of blood pressure. Today, the whole range of medicinal properties of the drug is still unexplored.
Evening primrose oil is used by two 1-2 capsules twice a day for 4 weeks. Common side effects may occur, subject exceeding the permissible dose. Side effects are gastrointestinal reaction to the drug: nausea, heartburn, pain in the stomach and intestine disorders. In rare cases, vomiting opens. At detection of allergic reactions or side effects, stop taking the drug and seek qualified help.
Evening primrose oil: reviews of patients, recommendations for use
Evening primrose oil is used as a prophylactic and therapeutic
. Dietary supplement is effective and safe, to allow children to 12 years
. The drug has virtually no contraindications
. However, evening primrose reviews some patients positioned as a useless addition to food, has no effect
. This fact is explained by the fact that the normal functioning of the body has a restorative drug support, to feel its effect is almost impossible
. Evening primrose oil, which reviews say about the effectiveness of the drug, helps to normalize metabolic processes
. Many patients show a significant reduction in weight
. Women celebrate light during menstruation without pain, lack of PMS and mood swings, hormonal normalization
. Many women take medication to relieve the symptoms of menopause
. Long-term use of oil has a positive effect on the skin, hair and nails
Dietary supplement used in the treatment of as strengthen and aid, but can not be used alone.