Estrofem - a drug belonging to the group of estrogens.
Pharmacological action Estrofema
The therapeutic effect is Estrofema shortfall of endogenous estrogens in the body. Contained in its part of the 17-beta-estradiol is identical to the estrogen, the image of the female body, and is produced by the ovaries. Combined with specific receptors in the vagina, uterus, breast, pituitary gland and other organs that are targeted by estrogen, a hormone-receptor forms a complex liganid. The complex, when combined with specific elements of the genome and several intracellular proteins promotes protein synthesis and RNA, causes growth factor.
Estrofem stimulates the development of the fallopian tubes, uterus, vagina, mammary ducts, stroma, and causes a pigmentation peripapillary region and genital area. Also, the drug promotes the formation of female secondary sex characteristics, regulates menstrual bleeding, suppress lactation, stimulates the synthesis of certain transport proteins, and others.
Moreover, the drug estrofem able to regulate the metabolism of carbohydrates, fats and proteins, reduces the blood cholesterol level, increases libido and improves the emotional background.
Estrofem produced in the form of coated tablets. Color pills - blue. The content of 2 mg estradiol reaches. The tablets packed in plastic disc calendar of 28 pieces. One box contains a single disc.
Instructions to estrofem drug is recommended for use in the following cases:
- when estrogen deficiency during menopause and surgical menopause caused by non-malignant neoplasms after radiotherapy castration;
- with primary and secondary amenorrhea type;
- when gipomenoree, dysmenorrhea, oligomenorrhea and secondary estrogen deficiency;
- hirsutism in the background when the formation of multiple ovarian cysts;
- if vaginitis (in young and old age);
- when gipogenitalizme;
- when weak labor;
- in the case of prolonged pregnancy;
- when virility hypertrichosis in women;
- to suppress lactation;
- In post-menopausal osteoporosis;
- in patients with breast or prostate cancer;
- when urogenital disorders (including atrophic vulvovaginitis, trine, dyspareunia (painful intercourse), urethritis);
- when alopecia on the background hyperandrogenemia;
- as a means capable of stimulating hematopoiesis in men after acute radiation injury.
According to medical reviews Estrofeme, the drug has many contraindications. Therefore, before use, it is important to exclude the presence of the patient or other diseases and conditions that could be a hindrance when taking medication. Contraindications include:
- Hypersensitivity to the composition;
- cancer, estrogen-dependent, as well as suspicion of them;
- genital or uterine bleeding unusual nature;
- The active phase of thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disorders (except in cases of treatment of breast or prostate cancer).
Precautions estrofem should be appointed in the following cases:
- thrombosis, thrombophlebitis, thromboembolism (while taking any drugs estragenosoderzhaschih);
- in familial hyperlipoproteinemia;
- in diseases of the gallbladder (especially holeliteaze);
- with severe hepatic insufficiency;
- jaundice (including arisen during pregnancy);
- hepatic porphyria;
- when leiomyoma;
Instructions for use Estrofema
Instruction estrofem prescribes the drug in an amount of one tablet daily. It is imperative to avoid interruptions in medication. Tablets from one disk Estrofema take within 21 days, after which you need to take a break in reception for 7 days, then resume treatment.
The treatment usually is 6 months. Upon expiration should undergo a doctor's advice about whether to continue receiving Estrofema.
Side effects Estrofema
Application Estrofema can cause the appearance of a whole range of adverse reactions. In women, side reactions often occur in the form:
- occurrence of sensitivity and pain in the breast, increasing their size;
- the appearance of secretions "smearing" character between menstrual periods;
- increase libido;
- mammary tumors;
- flatulence, anorexia, nausea and diarrhea.
The men on the background of Estrofema sometimes develop sensitivity and pain in the chest, decreased libido, and possibly the appearance of gynecomastia.
Estrofem has no contraceptive effect and can not protect from the occurrence of pregnancy.
Medical reviews Estrofeme say the drug's ability to exert a protective effect on the endometrium when co-administered with a progestogen for at least 10 days during each cycle.
The emergence of unusual or irregular menses during use Estrofema requires a dilatation and curettage, which would exclude the presence of malignant tumors in the uterus.
In the case of long-term use Estrofema recommended checkups at least once a year.
It is important to bear in mind that long-term use Estrofema alone (monotherapy) increases the risk of endometrial cancer if the uterus is not removed.
Patients suffering from migraine, epilepsy, asthma and diabetes, as well as those who receive antihypertensive drugs, medical supervision is recommended during the entire course of treatment Estrofema.
It is recommended that discontinuation of treatment in case of deep vein thrombosis, with the appearance of jaundice, thromboembolic disorders, sudden blurred vision, marked increase in blood pressure, as well as before the scheduled surgery (4-6 weeks prior to the event).
Estrofem able to be stored for 4 years without loss of therapeutic effects. Store this medication at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C. Freezing the drug is invalid.