Enkorat - an anticonvulsant for prolonged use in the treatment of focal and seizures.
Pharmacological action Enkorata
The active ingredient Enkorata sedative and central muscle relaxant effect that due to a decrease in excitability and convulsive motor zones of the brain.
In addition, the use of Enkorata improves mood and mental state of the patients.
Enkorat drug release in the form of pink, enteric-coated tablets a circular shape, containing the active ingredient - sodium valproate at 200 and 300 mg. 10 pieces per pack.
Enkorata analogues are the following medications:
- As the active ingredient - Apilepsin, valparin, Depakine, Konvuleks;
- By way of action - Aminalon, Phenibut, Anvifen.
According to the instructions Enkorat prescribed in the following cases:
- Large seizures;
- Small seizures (complex absences and absences);
- Focal seizures.
As the instructions Enkorat contraindicated in the following cases:
- When Porfirio;
- When expressed disturbances of function of the pancreas and liver;
- During the period of lactation;
- Against the background of hemorrhagic diathesis;
- In severe thrombocytopenia;
- In pediatrics to 3 years;
- When leukopenia;
- When pregnancy;
- If hypersensitivity to the active or auxiliary components Enkorata.
In addition, Enkorat should be taken with caution mentally retarded children, as well as:
- Bone marrow;
- Liver and pancreas in history;
- Impairment of renal function;
- Organic brain damage;
- Congenital enzimopaty.
Instructions for Enkorat administered in an initial dose 0, 3-0, 6 g daily, often divided into two steps. Every 3-4 days, the dose should be increased to 0, 1g to the optimum, but no more than 2, 4 grams per day. Do not yourself change the treatment regimen and dose received Enkorata. The most effective is the pills at the same time with a meal.
Children starting and maintenance dose is calculated based on the age and body weight.
Cancel Enkorata made long - over one to two years, with a gradual reduction in dose.
In overdose Enkoratom often worse side effects such as:
- Violation of respiratory function;
Drug interaction Enkorata
When applying Enkorata be appreciated that the active ingredient of the drug enhances the effects of other anti-epileptic drugs such as phenytoin and lamotrigine, and tranquilizers timoleptikov, MAO inhibitors and ethanol.
Enhance the effect of the active substance Enkorata observed when combined with salicylates.
The likelihood of developing liver disease increases dramatically when combined with other hepatotoxic agents.
Increased depression of the central nervous system is often observed while applying Enkorata with antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants and MAO inhibitors.
The risk of inhibition of bone marrow hematopoiesis increases while receiving Enkorata with myelotoxicity means.
Early treatment Enkorat Review can cause indigestion, bearing usually transient. These include the stomach pains, anorexia, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased appetite, and, in rare cases - pancreatitis and constipation.
Disorders of the nervous system while taking Enkorata Review may lead to:
- Impaired consciousness;
- Changes in behavior and mental state, expressed as psychosis, depression, aggression, restlessness, hallucinations, unusual excitement, fatigue, irritability or hyperactivity condition.
The most likely allergic reactions when using Enkorata Review include hives, skin rash, malignant ekscudativnaya erythema, alopecia, photosensitivity, angioedema.
In addition, the reception Enkorata can cause:
- Diplopia, flies flashing before my eyes;
- Body weight change (increase or decrease);
- Dysmenorrhea, galactorrhea, secondary amenorrhea, and breast enlargement;
- Anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- Peripheral edema;
- Hyperbilirubinemia, hypercreatininemia and hyperammonemia.
The risk of side effects, expressed as liver dysfunction, depending on the amount of the drug, and reducing the dosage received, generally decreases or disappears completely.
Storage conditions Enkorata
Enkorat refers to a number of anticonvulsants list B leave from pharmacies which can only be prescribed by a doctor. Shelf life Tablets - up to three years under recommended conditions (temperatures up to 25 ° C in a dark, dry place).