Efferalgan - medication
belonging to the group of analgesics, antipyretics.
Efferalgan is a non-narcotic analgesic, antipyretic effect renders well. At the heart of its therapeutic action - locking mechanism and TSOG1 TSOG2 CNS followed by exposure to the centers of thermoregulation and pain.
The absence of anti-inflammatory effect is due to the neutralization of the effect of paracetamol on COX. The neutralization is carried out cellular peroxidase in inflamed tissues.
The drug has no negative impact on the water-salt balance (does not retain water and Na +) and gastrointestinal mucosa because Efferalgan not block the synthesis of prostaglandins in peripheral tissues.
Form release Efferalgan
For convenience Efferalgan there are various forms of the drug issue:
- Syrup with a viscous texture and caramel-vanilla aroma. Color syrup - tan. Syrup Efferalgan packed into bottles of 90 ml. The bottle and the included measuring spoon placed in a cardboard box;
- Suppositories white color intended for rectal administration. They are distinguished by a smooth glossy surface. Suppositories are packaged in blisters in the amount of 5 pieces. In a cardboard package contains 2 packages;
- Tablets flat and round. In tablets beveled edges and a notch on one side of their color - white. Dissolution of the tablets in water accompanied by the active bubbling gas. Tablets at 4 pieces packed in strips in a single box is 4 or 25 strips;
- Effervescent tablets containing vitamin C. Product form and appearance is the same as that of conventional tablets Efferalgan. Packaged tablets tubes of 10 pieces. One carton contains one tube.
There are also special forms of medicines for children:
- Effervescent powder intended for solution for oral administration;
- Oral solution;
- Rectal suppositories.
According to the instructions Efferalganu drug is recommended for use in the following cases:
- As antipyretic with influenza, respiratory diseases in the acute form, postprivivochnyh reactions during childhood infections and other diseases characterized by the appearance of inflammation and fever with infection;
- As the drug has analgesic effect in pain syndromes of moderate or low intensity (including dental, headaches, muscle pain, pain caused by injuries and burns, neuralgia).
Medical reviews Efferalgane note the presence of a number of contraindications, a list of which should be available before the start of the drug:
- Violations of the liver and / or kidney severe;
- Status deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Various blood disorders;
- Age less than one month;
- Hypersensitivity to any component of Efferalgan, especially parabens (methyl parahydroxybenzoate and propyl).
Recommended for use with caution Efferalgan for violations of liver function and / or kidney disease in a weak or moderate, as well as Gilbert's syndrome.
Instructions for use Efferalgan
It prescribes taking the drug inside (unless otherwise specified), drinking plenty of water. Between meals and medication use must be at least 1 hour but no more than 2 hours.
The dosage varies depending on the age of the patient:
- For adults and adolescents over 12 years of age (if weight exceeds 40 kg) single dose equal to 500 mg, the maximum single - 1 of frequency use - no more than 4 times per day. The maximum dose a day - 4 years duration of treatment should not be more than 5 days - one week;
- Babies up to 6 months. and less than 7 kg is given a dose of at most 350 mg per day Efferalgan; children up to a year (whose weight is less than 10 kg) - 500 mg; children under 3 years of age and weighing less than 15 kg - 750 mg; children under 6 years of age and weighing less than 22 kg - 1 g of the drug; up to 9 years of age and under 30 kg - 1, 5 g; to 12 and less than 40 kg - 2 g Efferalgan maximum. If the baby is less than 3 months but more than 1 month, the dosage prescribed by the doctor.
The interval between doses of the drug should be at least 4 hours. Duration of Efferalgan without medical advice can not be more than 3 days (to reduce heat) and not more than 5 days, if the drug is used as an analgesic.
Rectal Efferalgan also be administered, focusing on the patient's age: dosage for adults is 500 mg 1 to 4 times per day, the maximum single - 1 g daily - 4 years Children from 12 to 15 years Efferalgan recommended amount of 250-300 mg 3 to 4 times a night; children, whose age from 8 to 12 years should take the medication at the same dosage three times a day; 6-8 years required dosage is the same as the frequency is reduced to 2-3 times; from 4 to 6 years - 150 mg 3-4 times a day; for children from 2 to 4 years is the same dose, the frequency - up to 3 times; one to two years - 80 mg 3 or 4 times a day; from six months to a year - the same dosage with a frequency of 2-3 times; from 3 months to half a year to take 80 mg to 2 times daily.
Side effects Efferalgan
The application is capable of Efferalgan entail unwanted reactions. They are described below:
- Allergic reactions such as angioneurotic edema, itching, skin rash;
- Vomiting, nausea, pain and abdominal pain, hepatotoxic effects;
- Leukopenia, anemia, agranulocytosis, pancytopenia, methemoglobinemia, thrombocytopenia;
- Nephrotoxicity that occurs with prolonged use of high doses Efferalgan.
Medical reviews Efferalgane note probability increase the maximum allowable daily dose while taking the drug with other means, which is composed of paracetamol.
The lack of therapeutic effect (persistence of symptoms of fever for more than 3 days or pain for more than 5 days) - an occasion consult a doctor.
Patients with diabetes and patients follow a diet intended to exclude sugar, it must be borne in mind that 1 ml contains sugar in the amount of 0, 335
Efferalgan should be stored at a temperature not exceeding the mark of 30 ° C, away from children. Shelf life is 3 years.