Drotaverinum - a synthetic drug that reduces the tone of smooth muscles of internal organs and helps to reduce the pain with cramps various organs.
The active ingredient - Drotaverine hydrochloride. It refers to antispasmodic drugs myotropic action. Dilates blood vessels and reduces the tone of smooth muscles of the urogenital and biliary system, gastrointestinal tract, and intestinal peristalsis. It improves the flow of oxygen to the organs and tissues.
It has greater potency and duration of action compared to papaverine, which is similar in pharmacological activity and chemical structure. Evenly distributed in the tissues and exerts vasodilating action.
When administered orally Drotaverine maximum concentration achieved within 45-60 minutes.
The drug is released in the form of tablets, coated tablets and injectable solution.
Tablets Drotaverinum - round, with a facet and Valium, yellow-green. Each tablet contains 40 mg of active substance. Excipients: povidone (polyvinylpyrrolidone), potato starch, milk sugar, talc, and magnesium stearate. 10 pieces in blister, 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 blisters in a carton or 100 pieces in a polymer bank and carton.
Drotaverine Forte Tablets contain 80 mg of active ingredient. 10 pieces in blister, 2 blisters in carton.
Solution for injection. 1 ml contains 20 mg drotaverine gidlohlorida. The ampoules of 2 mL, 5 ampoules per cell package, for two packaging carton box.
Application drotaverine shown to reduce pain and relief of spasm of smooth muscles of the gastrointestinal tract and urinary and biliary organs at:
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer;
- Spastic colitis, constipation and kidney;
- Or biliary colic;
- Disorders of the biliary system and gallbladder hyperkinetic type;
- Postcholecystectomical syndrome.
In the treatment of spasm of the gastrointestinal tract Drotaverine used in a combination therapy.
Also according to the instructions Drotaverinum effective:
- In gynecology dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation), the threat of miscarriage and premature birth, postnatal contractions;
- For removal of vasospasm in the tensor headache;
- In carrying out some of the diagnostic procedures and instrumental studies holetsistografii.
According to the instructions Drotaverine is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Congenital lactose intolerance and lactase deficiency (due to the presence in the drotaverine monogidara lactose);
- Severe heart failure;
- Severe liver and kidney failure.
Drotaverine is not indicated for children under 2 years old and lactation.
With care use in patients with low blood pressure, atherosclerosis of the coronary arteries, angle-closure glaucoma, prostatic hyperplasia, during pregnancy.
Instructions for use drotaverine
Tablets Drotaverinum taken orally, without crushing or chewing. Time of dosing is independent of mealtimes. The course duration is determined individually in each case a doctor.
The dose depends on the age:
- From 2 to 6 years - 10-20 mg two times a day;
- From 6 to 12 years - up to 20 mg twice a day;
- Children over 12 and adults - 40-80 mg 2-3 times a day. Normally, the maximum daily dose should not exceed 240 mg.
Solution for injection Drotaverine hydrochloride administered intramuscularly. The duration and dose also calculated individually.
The usual dose for adults is 2-4 ml of 1 to 3 times a day.
When hepatic or renal colic may slow intravenous. For this pre-diluted with 2-4 ml of 0, 9% sodium chloride solution.
rare cases of violations of peripheral blood drug is administered intra slowly.
Teenagers older than 12 years are usually prescribed for 1-2 ml of the drug 1-3 times a day.
Under physiological lineages women usually administered 2 ml of the drug intramuscularly in the early period of cervical dilatation. If you want to re-introduce another 2 ml after 2 hours.
In gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer Drotaverine is prescribed in combination with other anti-ulcer drugs.
Drotaverine is usually well tolerated. In rare cases may develop some side effects:
- Vomiting or nausea;
- Fainting, impaired sleep and wakefulness, the development of excessive sweating, headache;
- Arrhythmia, tachycardia, lowering blood pressure or a feeling of heat;
- Bronchospasm and slight swelling of the nasal mucosa;
- Itching, angioedema, skin rash, allergic dermatitis.
When administered intravenously drotaverine sometimes there is a decrease in blood pressure and respiratory depression.
Drotaverine enhances the action bendazol, papaverine and other antispasmodics, and also reduces the activity of morphine spasmogenic. In an application with levodopa reduces the effect of the latter. In combination with pentobarbital increases drotaverine antispasmodic action.
Data on drug overdose not.
Drotaverine can be purchased without a doctor's prescription.
Shelf life Tablets - 3 years, the intravenous solution - 2 years.