Droperidol - neuroleptic drug used in anesthesia and psychiatry as an antipsychotic agent and antishock.
Droperidol - synthetic antipsychotic, butyrophenone derivative. It has protivoshokovoe, antipsychotic, sedative, and antiemetic effect kataleptogennoe.
It reduces pulmonary pressure, reduces the incidence of arrhythmias, especially induced by epinephrine, has no anticholinergic activity. It enhances the effect of hypnotics and analgesics.
It has a strong and fast, but short effect. The effect of intravenous injection is within 2-5 min and reaches a maximum after 25-30 minutes. Sedation lasts for 2-4 hours.
The active ingredient - droperidol, insoluble white crystalline powder and odorless.
Is produced in the form of ampoules in a 25% solution for injection in packs of five or 10 pieces.
Indications for use of droperidol
According to the instructions of droperidol used:
- When pre-medical preparation for surgery;
- As the induction of anesthesia;
- For potentiation of general and regional anesthesia;
- For neyroleptanalgezii, usually in combination with fentanyl or other analgesics, causing drowsiness and muscle relaxation;
- As a sedative during diagnostic and surgical procedures, and in the postoperative period to eliminate nausea and vomiting.
The therapy for:
- Traumatic pain and shock;
- Heavy strokes,
- Myocardial infarction;
- Hypertensive crisis;
- Pulmonary edema.
In psychiatry, droperidol is used for agitation and hallucinations.
Droperidol for instructions contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance or a derivative of morphine;
- Extrapyramidal disorders;
- Severe depression;
- Cesarean section;
- The increase in the QT interval on an electrocardiogram;
- Children ages (up to 2 years).
Instructions for use of droperidol
The dose droperidol on instructions determined individually, taking into account:
- Nature of the disease;
- Body weight;
- General physical condition;
- Drugs used simultaneously;
- Type of appointment anesthesia.
In preparation for surgery for 15-45 minutes prior to surgery injected intramuscularly:
- adults - 2, 5-5 mg;
- children - calculated from 100 g per 1 kg of body weight.
For administration of anesthesia is administered intravenously:
- Adults - 15-20 mg,
- children - 200-400 g per 1 kg of body weight.
When prolonged operations droperidol used for maintenance of anesthesia in the form of repeated intravenous dose of 2 mg 5-5.
Postoperatively, the drug is prescribed intramuscularly adults and 2, 5-5 mg every 6 hours.
According to the instructions of droperidol use caution when:
- Epilepsy and conditions that precede epileptic fit;
- Impaired renal function and liver;
In patients with active tumor cells chromaffin sympathoadrenal system after the introduction of droperidol can increase blood pressure and tachycardia.
Physically exhausted and debilitated patients, and people in old age initial dose is reduced and corrected in the future on the basis of the obtained effect.
The dose droperidol also decrease when combined with drugs depressing influence on the central nervous system. Patients with cardiac arrhythmias, with alcohol withdrawal and electrolyte disorders
balance, one can apply higher dose (25 mg or more).
When transporting after surgery should be careful and possibly avoid sudden change in body position.
For at least a day after the drug should avoid potentially hazardous activities which require high concentration of attention.
The use of droperidol during pregnancy is possible only under strict indications. Due to the lack of safety studies the drug during breast feeding drug is not recommended.
According to the instructions droperidol may cause the following side effects:
- Drowsiness or anxiety in the postoperative period;
- Loss of appetite;
- A moderate reduction in blood pressure and tachycardia;
- Motor excitability and fear.
Rarely observed when using droperidol hallucinations, depression, high blood pressure, jaundice, anaphylaxis, tremors, dizziness, laryngospasm, bronchospasm, transient liver function abnormalities.
Droperidol related to drug list B.
Store at temperatures from 0 ° to 5 ° C. Shelf life - 2 years.