Diprospan a glucocorticoid (hubbub of the adrenal cortex) indicated for the treatment of inflammatory diseases.
Diprospan has anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive (immunosuppression), antiallergic, desensitizing and protivosokovmi (reduced sensitivity of the body) properties.
Active ingredient - betamethasone - diprospanom represented in two forms: betamethasone disodium phosphate, providing fast onset of therapeutic effect and betamethasone dipropionate, serves to prolong drug action.
Widespread use diprospana in various diseases due to its ability to inhibit the synthesis of substances that trigger the inflammatory response by blocking the development of the inflammatory process at the cellular level.
Diprospan has weakly pronounced ability to delay the body's sodium and increasing the allocation of hydrogen ions, potassium and ammonium, but when using the drug at the recommended doses, these properties do not have clinical significance.
Diprospan price it had no impact, is one of the most popular of glucocorticoid drugs.
Apply Diprospan guide recommends that you:
- diseases of the soft tissue and musculoskeletal system: bursitis (inflammation of periarticular bag), osteoarthritis (cartilage damage the surface of the joints), rheumatoid arthritis (inflammation of the connective tissue and joint damage), epicondylitis (degenerative process at the point of attachment of muscles to the humerus), sciatica (loss of nerve fibers that extend from the spinal cord), lumbago (Acute pain), torticollis, fasciitis (heel pain under load), diseases of the feet;
- allergic diseases: hay fever, asthma, rhinitis, allergic bronchitis, drug allergy, serum sickness (allergy drugs with the introduction of a large number of protein), allergies to insect bites;
- dermatological diseases: neurodermatitis (the appearance of itchy areas on the skin redness), coin-like eczema (inflammatory skin rash), contact dermatitis, atopic dermatitis, urticaria, expressed photodermatitis, lichen planus, psoriasis, pemphigus vulgaris, cystic acne, herpes dermatitis;
- systemic connective tissue diseases: periarteritis nodosa (loss, inflammation of small arteries with subsequent necrosis), dermatomyositis (systemic failure of muscle and skin), scleroderma (leaving scar tissue), systemic lupus erythematosus (skin lesions and various internal organs);
- hemoblastoses (neoplastic diseases of the lymphatic and hematopoietic tissue);
- adrenal insufficiency;
- other pathological conditions and diseases: nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, ulcerative colitis, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, malabsorption (loss of nutrients as a result of their lack of absorption in the small intestine), regional ileitis (a disease of the small intestine).
Instructions for use Diprospan
Diprospan produced in the form of a solution or suspension for injection.
Diprospan injections may be administered by intramuscular, intradermal, perartikulyarnym (around a joint) or intraarticular means. Diprospan injections should not be administered intravenously.
According to the instructions diprospanom, intramuscular formulation should be applied every 2-4 weeks, 1-2 ml. Diprospan injections and intra perartikulyarno administered in the following doses: in the hip joint - 1-2 ml, shoulder, ankle, knee - 1 ml, wrist, elbow - 0, 5-1 ml interfalangovy, metacarpophalangeal, sternoclavicular - 0, 25 -5 ml.
When using Diprospan directly into the lesion by intradermal administration should not exceed a weekly dose of 1 ml. Depending on the nature of the disease involves injecting a local infiltration of 0, 25 and 2 ml Diprospan.
As a rule, Diprospan injections are painless, but in some cases it is necessary the introduction of the drug with anesthetic to eliminate pain.
Diprospan single application or a short course of treatment significant adverse reactions do not cause.
Possible side effects of the drug and the price Diprospan commensurate with his performance.
According to the instructions, Diprospan long-term use can cause:
- hypernatremia, increased potassium and calcium excretion from the body, fluid retention in the tissues, increased body weight;
- high blood pressure, chronic heart failure;
- steroid myopathy (impaired metabolism in muscle tissue), muscle weakness, osteoporosis (thinning of the bone), tendon ruptures, bone fractures, aseptic necrosis of the humeral head and femur;
- hiccups, flatulence, pancreatitis, erosive and ulcerative lesions of the digestive tract;
- increased sweating, steroid acne, dermatitis, atrophy and thinning of the skin, impaired wound healing;
- increased intracranial pressure, convulsions, headache, dizziness, mood changes, irritability, depression, insomnia;
- secondary adrenal insufficiency, menstrual disorders, steroid diabetes, delayed growth and sexual development in children;
- glaucoma, increased intraocular pressure, cataract;
- hypotension, angioedema, shock, anaphylactic reactions;
- Aseptic abscesses, cutaneous and subcutaneous atrophy.
In the treatment of many diseases Diprospan, the price is not important, is quite effective, but doctors do not prescribe the drug for systemic fungal infections, and increased sensitivity to betamethasone and other glucocorticoid drugs.
Application Diprospan prohibited in the intervertebral space in the infected surface and intra-articular injection is contraindicated in infectious arthritis and joint instability.
Be wary of Diprospan manual recommends liver cirrhosis, peptic ulcer, recent intestinal anastomosis (connection is crossed sections) renal failure, osteoporosis, hypertension, varicella, diabetes, thrombophlebitis.
Since reliable data on safety Diprospan for the mother and fetus are not available, a decision on whether the use of the drug during pregnancy should take the doctor, comparing the risks and benefits.
Application Diprospan lactation involves cessation of breastfeeding.
When storing Diprospan at a temperature not going beyond 2
C, the preparation will be fit for use for 2 years.