Dioxidine - antibacterial medication from the group of quinoxaline. It has a wide range of actions, providing antibacterial, bactericidal effect on various pathogens - Staphylococcus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, anaerobic pathogens, and some in the strains of bacteria that are resistant to other antibiotics.
The active ingredient - gidroksimetilhinoksalindioksid. Dioxidine used in the treatment of various inflammatory processes caused by Salmonella, Klebsiella, Staphylococcus, Proteus vulgaris, dysentery bacillus, Pseudomonas aeruginosa, Streptococcus, anaerobic pathogens. It promotes rapid purification and healing of the wound surfaces. Also stimulates reparative regeneration. Widely used in pediatrics for the treatment of rhinitis of various origins.
The drug Dioksidin released in solution and ointment for topical use.
- Dioksidin ampoules 0, 5% and 1% solution. For local and intracavitary applications. 10 ml and 20 ml per ampoule. 10 pieces per pack;
- Ointment for external use 5%. The tubes of 25 mg, 30 mg, 30 mg, 50 mg, 60 mg, 100 mg.
Dioksidin used in treatment of purulent diseases caused by various bacterial infections.
Outwardly apply at:
- Infection with burns;
- Nonhealing wounds and trophic ulcers, as well as for the healing of the deep and superficial wounds of different localization;
- Phlegmon of soft tissues;
- Festering wounds when osteomyelitis.
Intracavitary administration dioksidina ampoules used for:
- Purulent processes in the chest and abdomen;
- Lung abscess;
- When purulent pleurisy and empyema;
- Purulent wounds with deep cavities. It may be pelvic cellulitis tissue, soft tissue abscesses, purulent mastitis, post-surgical wounds of the urinary and biliary tract.
Dioxidine of instruction is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance - gidroksimetilhinoksalindioksidu, and adrenal insufficiency.
The drug should not be used during pregnancy and lactation, and in children.
Be wary of instructions Dioksidin prescribed for kidney failure. If necessary, the dose can be reduced.
In pediatrics often use nose drops with dioksidina the treatment of rhinitis and sinusitis. Being an antibiotic, the drug successfully treat these diseases of almost any origin, providing anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic and anti action. For use in the nose dioksidina apply 0, 5% drug solution and instilled into each nostril 4-5. Before use, consult an ENT doctor.
Instructions for use dioksidina
In most Dioksidin used in stationary conditions. A 1% solution of the drug are not typically used for intravenous injection (due to instability of the drug when stored at low temperatures). Apply 0, 1-1% solutions, for which the drug is diluted with water for injection or sodium chloride solution.
External application dioksidina:
- For the treatment of deep wounds with purulent osteomyelitis - as trays with 0, 5-1% solution. Less wires of special wound treatment drug administration for 15-20 minutes, then bandage with a 1% solution dioksidina. With good tolerability of the drug treatment can be carried out daily for 1, 5-2 months;
- In the treatment of superficial infected wounds festering - applied to the wound tissue soaked in 0, 5% -1 solution dioksidina. In the treatment of deep wounds loosely tamponiruyut pre-soaked in 1% solution of tampons. In the presence of a drainage tube - a cavity administered 0, 5% solution, from 20 to 100 ml;
- For preventing infection after surgery Dioksidin used as 0, 1-0, 5% solution.
For intracavitary administration, a catheter, a syringe or a drainage tube. The purulent cavity administered 1% solution of the drug, the dose depends on the size of the cavity, typically - 10-15 ml per day. Typically, the drug is administered 1 time per day. The maximum daily dose - 70 ml. Treatment can be continued for three weeks or more during the testimony and good tolerability.
When dioksidina intracavitary administration can occur:
- Temperature increase;
- Spasmodic contraction of the muscles;
- Vomiting or nausea;
- Allergic reactions.
For external use can develop okoloranevoy dermatitis.
Also, sometimes when using dioksidina may appear pigmented spots on the skin. In these cases, increasing the time of administration of a single dose, dose reduced, allergy medications prescribed. In cases where the prevention does not work, medication overturned.
Treatment dioksidina begin after the tolerance test - in the absence of side effects within 3-6 hours after administration of the cavity 10 ml of a 1% solution.
Dioxidine appoint the ineffectiveness of other antibacterial drugs (carbapenems, cephalosporins II-IV generations, or fluoroquinolones).
Dioxidine available on medical prescription. Shelf life - 2 years. Store should be at a temperature of 18 ° to 25 ° C. If upon storage of the drug crystals precipitated active substance ampule was heated in a water bath and shake until dissolved. If it cools to 36-38 ° C the crystals do not fall, the drug may be used.