Dexon is a glucocorticosteroid (a hormone of the adrenal cortex), which stimulates the absorption of proteins, fats and carbohydrates, retarding the development of inflammatory processes.
Dexon available in tablet form, the solution for intramuscular and intravenous administration, eye drops, eye and ear drops and eye ointments.
The active ingredient is dexamethasone Dexon, has anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, antitoxic, desensitizing (reduces sensitivity to allergens), immunosuppressive and antitoxic properties. Dexamethasone is able to inhibit the release of inflammatory mediators, to suppress the migration of mast cells, reducing capillary permeability, thereby suppressing inflammation.
Dexon drops of dexamethasone in addition contain neomycin representing aminoglycoside antibiotic. Neomycin has antibacterial properties due to its ability to disrupt protein synthesis in the microbial cell.
Due to the substance in the form of droplets Dexon active against many both gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms, but resistant to the drug are viruses, pathogenic fungi and anaerobic flora.
The combination of dexamethasone and neomycin allows Dexon drops reduce the risk of infectious and inflammatory processes.
Use Dexon guide recommends tablets for rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, allergic reactions, acute ulcerative colitis, dermatological diseases, rheumatic fever, nephrotic syndrome, disseminated lupus erythematosus, malignant diseases.
Dexon in the form of solution for injection is effective for brain swelling, anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm, pemphigus.
Dexon eye drops and ear is indicated for:
- conjunctivitis (inflammation of the outer membrane of the eye);
- blepharitis (inflammation of the eyelid margins);
- iridocyclitis (inflammation of the iris and ciliary body of the eye);
- iritis (inflammation of the iris);
- superficial and deep keratitis (inflammation of the cornea);
- Infectious diseases of the eye;
- otitis (inflammation of the ear cavity);
Instructions for use Dexon
Dexon drug in the form of tablets (1 tablet - 0, 5 mg) for oral administration. The recommended daily dose - 0, 75-9 mg maximum daily dose - 15 mg daily dose of maintenance - 0, 5-1 mg. The duration of treatment depends on the therapeutic effect and the nature of the disease and may range from several days to several months.
According to the instructions, Dexon as a solution for injection may be administered intramuscularly, intravenously slowly (within 4-5 minutes) or intravenous infusion 3-4 times per day in a volume of 1-5 ml, which corresponds to 4-20 mg dexamethasone.
Dexon 1-2 drops should be introduced into the auditory meatus or the conjunctival sac every 1-2 hours including night to mitigate acute symptoms, followed by switch 4-6-fold of the drug per day. Treatment Dexon drops can last from one day to several weeks.
Attached to the drug Dexon guide warns that the use of dexamethasone in the form of tablets and solution for injection can cause adverse reactions such as headache, dizziness, muscle weakness, menstrual disorders, hypertension (increased pressure), sodium retention.
Long-term use can cause drops Dexon increased intraocular pressure, corneal thinning, cataracts, glaucoma, secondary infections of the eye.
Dexon drops are contraindicated in:
- tubercular diseases of the eye;
- viral and fungal infections of the eye and ear;
- acute herpes zoster;
- purulent corneal ulcer;
- purulent infection of eyelids and conjunctiva;
- cataract (clouding of the lens of the eye);
- glaucoma (increased pressure and accumulation of fluid in the eye);
- perforation (a hole or tear) of the eardrum.
Be wary of injection and pills Dexon guide recommends:
- Infectious and parasitic diseases of different nature;
- diseases of the digestive tract;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system;
- endocrine diseases;
- severe chronic hepatic or renal failure;
- hypoalbuminemia (reduced albumin levels in the blood);
- obesity, acute psychosis, poliomyelitis (spinal paralysis), glaucoma.
Application Dexon lactation involves cessation of breastfeeding. The appointment of the drug to pregnant women occurs only on the strict condition after comparing the expected effects and possible risks.
Dexon in all forms of release is contraindicated in individuals with hypersensitivity to the drug.
Air temperature in a place where the stored medication should be between 15-30
Dexon C. Shelf life - 3 years.