Clonazepam - a synthetic anticonvulsant drug used in the treatment of epilepsy, and various psychiatric disorders.
It is used in pediatrics with grudnichkovogo age.
The active ingredient has anticonvulsant clonazepam, central muscle relaxant, sedative, anxiolytic and hypnotic effect, which manifests itself in the weakening of fear, anxiety, worry and emotional stress.
Anticonvulsant action of clonazepam is stronger than the other group of benzodiazepine drugs, and therefore, in the treatment of epilepsy, seizures occur less frequently and their intensity is greatly reduced. Clonazepam is considered most effective in the treatment of spasmodic torticollis.
Clonazepam is also used as a sleep aid, especially with organic brain damage.
Clonazepam works quickly and prolonged. Its action begins within a few hours after administration and lasts an average of days.
Clonazepam is produced in the form:
- Light orange round tablet with cross biplanar risks containing 0, 5 mg of the active ingredient - clonazepam. 30 pieces per pack;
- White round biplanar tablets cruciate risks contained 2 mg of the active ingredient - clonazepam. 30 pieces per pack.
Instructions for use of clonazepam
The dose and duration of use of the drug is determined by the doctor. Apply clonazepam without a prescription is not recommended.
When using clonazepam 2 mg starting dose for adults is poltabletki a day, the elderly - 500 mcg supporting - 2-4 tablets of clonazepam per day.
Children under five years of daily administered 250 mg per day, and from 5 to 12 years - one tablet of clonazepam (at 0, 5 mg). The maintenance dose depends on age and is 0, 5-6 mg. Maintenance doses used after 2-3 weeks of treatment.
Slow intravenous clonazepam used adults - 1 mg, for children up to 12 years - 0, 5 mg.
In the treatment of epilepsy reception start with 1, 5 mg per day, and every 3 days gradually increase the dose on days 0, 5-1 mg. The maintenance dose is typically 2-4 clonazepam tablets (2 mg) per day, divided into 3-4 hours, but not more than 10 tablets. Children with epilepsy starting dose of 1 mg per day, if necessary, gradually increased to daily doses:
- Infants under one year - 1 mg;
- From 1 to 5 years - 1-3 mg;
- From 5 to 12 years - 3-6 mg.
The maximum daily dose of clonazepam children calculated from body weight - 0 2 mg per 1 kg a day.
In the treatment of paroxysmal syndrome of fear in the average use of 2 tablets of clonazepam (at 0, 5 mg) per day, the maximum - 8 tablets.
Clonazepam can cause a lot of different side effects. At the beginning of treatment - fatigue, expressed confusion, drowsiness and lethargy, stupor, dizziness and headaches. In the opinion of clonazepam is significantly less confusion, and ataxia.
Prolonged treatment with high doses may experience double vision, articulation disorders, nystagmus, acute state of excitement or anterograde amnesia. Clonazepam Review hyperergic much less likely to cause reactions, muscle weakness increase the frequency of seizures of epilepsy.
It may also appear dry mouth, heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, loss of appetite, constipation or diarrhea, may disrupt the function of the liver and develop jaundice.
In the opinion of clonazepam in infants can cause increased salivation and bronchial hypersecretion.
Among the other possible side effects:
- Impaired renal function;
- Skin rash;
- Lowering blood pressure;
- Urinary incontinence or urinary retention;
- Transient alopecia;
- Changes in libido;
- Reversible premature sexual development in children
- Respiratory depression;
- Pigmentation changes;
The drug can cause drug dependence and addiction, in connection with which clonazepam without a prescription at the pharmacy are not released.
Indications for use of clonazepam
Clonazepam is used according to instructions:
- In epilepsy for adults and children, which is manifested sternocleidomastoid convulsions typical absence seizures and atonic seizures;
- When paroxysmal syndromes of fear, various phobias of anxiety when starting from the age of 18;
- Status agitation against the background of reactive psychosis.
Clonazepam is also used in the instructions for:
- Muscular hypertonicity;
- Psychomotor agitation;
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome - tremor, acute agitation, delirium and hallucinations;
- Insomnia, particularly when organic brain lesions;
- Panic disorder;
- According to the instructions Clonazepam is contraindicated in:
- Acute respiratory failure and its progression;
- Depression of the respiratory center;
- Acute poisoning with narcotic analgesics, or sleeping pills;
- Hypersensitivity to clonazepam;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Acute alcohol intoxication with the weakening of vital functions;
According to the instructions Clonazepam is contraindicated in pregnancy and lactation.
Also, the drug is contraindicated in severe states of depression because of the possibility of suicidal tendencies, thus clonazepam without a prescription does not release.
Clonazepam is used with caution in severe liver disease, ataxia, and severe chronic respiratory failure.
Prolonged use of clonazepam in children there is the possibility of side effects on the physical and mental development that could not be shown for years.
During treatment with clonazepam alcohol is contraindicated.
Clonazepam without a prescription does not release, is related to the drugs list B.
Shelf life - 3 years.