Citoflavin - drug whose action is directed at improving brain metabolism.
Pharmacological action Cytoflavin
The product provides
stimulation of cellular respiration and energy production due to the combined effect of its constituent components.
Numerous reviews of cytoflavin also noted the positive dynamics of the process of absorption of oxygen to tissues and restore the activity of a group of enzymes responsible for the maintenance of the antioxidant activity observed during the drug.
Citoflavin widely used as an activator of intracellular protein synthesis and bioelectric processes in the brain. It is known for its positive impact on the utilization of fatty acids, glucose, and resynthesis of GABA in neurons. It is noted that during the application Cytoflavin improves coronary and cerebral blood flow, activation of metabolic processes in the central nervous system. In addition, the use of the drug reduces reflex disorders of various origins, the restoration of impaired sensitivity and some brain functions (primarily cognitive mnemonic).
During the reception Cytoflavin observed a positive effect on a number of parameters of neurologic status, including: reducing the severity of vestibular-cerebellar, cephalgic, cochleovestibular and asthenic syndrome. Through the use of offset Cytoflavin emotional and volitional disorders, which include anxiety and depression.
The rapid awakening effect peculiar drug, you can assign it with impaired consciousness.
The indication for cytoflavin is also the period of recovery after stroke.
Citoflavin issued in the form of tablets and lenticular ampoule solution in / in the introduction.
Citoflavin should be taken according to the instructions in the following cases:
- when dyscirculatory (vascular) encephalopathy first and second stages;
- otherwise, when encephalopathy (hypoxic and toxic);
- as an aid in the treatment of the effects of a stroke;
- during endotoxemia;
- one of the main indications for cytoflavin is its use as part of rehabilitation therapy after anesthesia.
According to medical reviews of cytoflavin, the drug is not recommended for persons at risk:
- patients with hypersensitivity to the drug;
- women during breastfeeding;
- the patient is connected to the ventilator, when the reduced oxygen partial pressure (less than 60 mm. Hg. v.) in the arterial blood;
- used with caution in people with diagnoses: gout, hyperuricemia, nephrolithiasis.
Instructions for use Cytoflavin
According to the instructions Citoflavin
administered intravenously, its pre-diluted in the following formulations: 200-400 ml of 5% -10% solution of glucose and 0, 9% sodium chloride (NaCl). Another option: bolus diluted in 10 ml of water Cytoflavin.
The course of treatment varies and depends on the particular disease and its degree.
- When vascular encephalopathy and acute cerebrovascular Citoflavin administered no more than once a day for 10 days;
- In case of another kind encephalopathies (hypoxic and toxic) formulation administered twice a day (with an interval not less than 8 and not more than 12 hours) for 5 days;
- As a reducing agent after general anesthesia is recommended that a single injection of jet Cytoflavin.
Fast drip of the drug may result in the occurrence of adverse reactions, which should not become a reason for the cancellation Cytoflavin: increased dryness and bitterness in the mouth, feeling of heat, redness (hyperemia) of the skin of the body. Long-term use of high doses of the drug can cause hyperuricemia, gout, and transient worsening of hypoglycemia.
In rare cases, there may be other adverse reactions, including nausea, dizziness, headache, dysosmia, pain and discomfort in the chest and epigastric region, blanching Skin allergies. The appearance of such side effects is not contrary to the appointment Cytoflavin, but should take place under medical supervision.
Storage conditions Cytoflavin
Citoflavin should be stored in a dry place where the temperature reaches 20 ° C, but does not drop below 18 ° C. It is unacceptable for storage vials / in the solution within the reach of the light. In the formation of sludge use drugs is strictly prohibited. Shelf life is not more than 2 years.