Beklazon - glucocorticoid drug for inhalation use in the treatment of asthma.
Pharmacological action Beklazona
The active ingredient of the drug has a pronounced anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and antiexudative action. As a result of Beklazona reduced mucus secretion of bronchial glands, swelling of the epithelium and improve lung function.
The drug is recommended for use on a regular basis, regardless of the attacks. The therapeutic effect of the use of Beklazona reviews develops gradually, and improvement usually occurs within a week after the start of the application. Beklazon not tell you how relieves bronchospasm.
Beklazon discharged in aerosol form for inhalation in aluminum cylinders 200 dose inhaler:
- Beklazon Eco Easy Breath, each dose contains 100 micrograms of beclomethasone dipropionate;
- Beklazon Eco, each dose contains 250 micrograms of beclomethasone dipropionate.
According to the instructions Beklazon apply:
- For the prevention of exacerbations of asthma and its treatment after failure of treatment with bronchodilators and sodium cromoglycate in combination with bronchodilators;
- For the treatment of hormone-dependent asthma.
Beklazon contraindicated apply:
- In tuberculosis;
- In severe asthma attacks that required intensive care;
- In the first trimester of pregnancy;
- In children up to 4 years;
- In case of hypersensitivity to the components of aerosols.
In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy and lactation, Beklazon of instructions should be used with caution.
Dosing instructions for Beklazona
At the beginning of the treatment the dose is individually Beklazona doctor who takes into account the severity of the disease. In the treatment of asthma for children over 12 and adults are usually given:
- In less severe - 200 micrograms twice per day;
- At moderate Beklazon appoint 600-800 mg per day, divided into 2-4 reception;
- In severe possible to apply maximum dose of 1 mg, are also distributed by 2-4 inhalation.
Beklazona initial dose for children 4-12 years of age is 50-100 mg twice a day, which if necessary can be increased to 400 mg divided into 2-4 inhalation. The maximum recommended dose for children is 500 micrograms.
After treatment Beklazon should rinse your mouth with water to avoid irritation or tickling sensation in the throat.
Beklazon if necessary can be used in conjunction with sodium cromoglycate, bronchodilators and antibiotics.
In the opinion of Beklazon when used in recommended doses side effects that are characteristic of glucocorticoid drugs, it does not matter. Most often, the treatment may experience hoarseness, sneezing and coughing.
With prolonged use at high doses may develop candidiasis Beklazona upper respiratory tract and oral cavity, as well as the latent adrenal insufficiency.
Beklazon - prescription medication with a recommended shelf life of 2 years.