Beclomethasone is a hormonal drug, intended for administration by inhalation to affect the mucosa of the respiratory organs.
The active ingredient of the drug is beclomethasone dipropionate, which causes inflammatory, anti-exudative, decongestants and anti-allergic properties Beclometasone. This drug is used as a means of basic therapy for bronchial asthma.
Under the influence of beclomethasone dipropionate, a reduction in the number of mast cells in bronchial mucosa (accumulate where most likely encounter with pathogens medium), inhibition of macrophage migration, exciting and digesting bacteria, the remains of dead cells, foreign and toxic for the body of the particle.
Beclometasone Action aimed at reducing edema of the epithelium, mucus secretion of bronchial glands, accumulation of neutrophils boundary, bronchial hyperreactivity, inflammatory exudate (fluid in the site of inflammation).
Through the use of Beclometasone improved respiratory function, but it should be noted that the drug does not relieve an attack of asthma, because the effect of its use is shown in 5-7 days after the start of regular use. An analogue of the drug all the characteristics of a BDP.
Beclomethasone inhalation method of application has no significant systemic activity. The light enters the dosage used 10-20%, by ingestion into the gastrointestinal tract of beclomethasone dipropionate is inactivated by the liver.
With any method of use of the drug is excreted within four days in feces (mostly) and urine (10-15%).
According to the instructions, beclomethasone indicated for:
- asthma (inhalation use);
- prevention and treatment of allergic rhinitis, including rhinitis, and vasomotor rhinitis with hay fever (nose after application);
- infectious and inflammatory diseases of the ear and the skin in combination with antimicrobial agents (external and topical application).
Instructions for use Beclometasone
The drug is available in the form of beclomethasone spray and powder for inhalation.
Inhaler use: Adults - 2-4 times a day, daily dose - not more than 1 g (2 mg in very severe cases); children - 50-100 mg 2 to 4 times per day.
Intranasal administration: Beclomethasone spray adults and children older than 12 years, used 3-4 times a day for 100 mcg into each nasal passage without exceeding 1 mg daily dose; children 6-12 years - 50 micrograms into each nasal passage (not more than 500 mg a day) with the same number of intakes as adults. A more precise dosing regimen and duration of treatment determined by the doctor.
Beclomethasone spray, as well as powder for inhalation, may cause undesirable reactions, such as in particular:
- sneezing, coughing, throat irritation, hoarseness, rarely - paradoxical bronchospasm (eliminated inhaled bronchodilators), eosinophilic pneumonia;
- kandidomikoz upper respiratory tract and oral cavity;
- long-term use at high doses - dizziness, headaches, increased intraocular pressure, cataract, lymphopenia, eosinopenia, leukocytosis;
- by intranasal application - nosebleeds, rhinitis, nasal septum perforation, atrophy of the mucosa;
- the occasional use of more than 1 mg of beclomethasone dipropionate - dysfunction of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis;
- allergic reactions.
The instructions to beclomethasone these diseases in which the use of this drug is prohibited:
- bronchitis neastmaticheskoy nature, acute bronchospasm;
- frequent nosebleeds, bleeding diathesis;
- systemic infections, including tuberculosis, acute respiratory infections, herpetic eye disease.
The drug is contraindicated in children under 6 years and during the first trimester of pregnancy. Women are the second and third trimesters of pregnancy and nursing mothers feasibility of Beclometasone determined by the physician.
Caution is required when using beclomethasone nasal spray people with expressions of the nasal septum, glaucoma, amebiasis, hypothyroidism, severe renal insufficiency.
Also, recent myocardial infarction, shortly operations in the nasal cavity and nose injuries are a pretext to restrict the use of Beclometasone.
Store this medication must be at a temperature not exceeding 25
C. Shelf life Beclometasone is 3 years after the opening of the contents of the spray should be used within 6 months.