Azaleptin - drug group of antipsychotic drugs. It refers to neuroleptics, has sedative properties. Promotes muscle relaxation, increases the effect of painkillers and sleeping pills. It has peripheral and central holinoliticheskoe effect.
Release form and composition
Azaleptin (active ingredient - clozapine) is available as tablets and injectable solution (2, 5%) in 2 ml per ampoule (dose dry drug in the vial - 50 mg).
Application Azaleptinum reduces motor excitation, aggression and impulsivity, normalizes sleep.
According to the instructions, Azaleptin apply for the following diseases:
- Acute and chronic form of schizophrenia;
- Mania (classic and atypical mania, unproductive mania with delirium);
- Manic-depressive psychosis;
- Mental and motor excitement.
The drug is rapidly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, the maximum blood plasma level reached after 2 and 5 hours after dosing. It has no effect on intelligence.
Application Azaleptinum has the following contraindications:
- Agranulocytosis in history;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Violation of bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Children under 5 years of age.
Dosage and Administration
Azaleptinum single dose for adults is 50 mg to 200 mg daily - from 200 mg to 400 mg. In most cases, treatment is initiated with 25-50 mg and gradually increasing the dose up to 200 or 300 mg per day.
According to the instructions Azaleptinum, the drug should be taken 2-3 times a day after meals. In some cases the appointment of a daily dose at once at bedtime. The maximum permissible dose for ingestion of 600 mg. In some cases, the doctor prescribes intramuscular administration of the drug.
The course of treatment is 1-2 weeks, depending on the severity of the disease and shape.
Instruction Azaleptinum comprises administering the drug in small amounts (less than 50 mg) in sleep disorders. Reviews suggest that the drug in small doses really helps with insomnia.
Overdose Azaleptinum may be accompanied by respiratory depression, somnolence, anxiety, seizures, tachycardia, hypotension, collapse, coma. Treatment of an overdose provides for the appointment of sorbents maintain heart function and breathing, symptomatic therapy. Hemodialysis or peritoneal dialysis for poisoning Azaleptinum not give the desired effect.
The drug is well tolerated due to its central holinoliticheskogo and moderate effects on dopamine receptors. But in some cases the use of Azaleptinum may cause the following side effects:
- Central Nervous System: headache, drowsiness, rarely - confusion, insomnia, depression, extrapyramidal disorders, epilepsy;
- Cardiovascular: decrease in blood pressure, orthostatic hypotension with dizziness, tachycardia, sometimes - hypertension;
- Gastrointestinal: increased salivation, nausea, vomiting, heartburn, feeling of dry mouth, constipation;
- Metabolism: increased sweating, weight gain;
- Circulatory system: granulocytopenia, eosinophilia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia;
- Other systems: ccomodation, problems with urination, reduced potency, myasthenia gravis.
Development of granulocytopenia requires immediate discontinuation of the drug.
At the time of application of this drug should be excluded use alkogolesoderzhaschih drinks.
During treatment Azaleptinum must be careful in the management of transport and when working with complex mechanisms that require high concentration of attention.
Azaleptinum analogues are the following drugs from the group of neuroleptics: Azaleprol, clozapine, clozapine-Farmaplant, Klozasten, leponeks.
Conditions and terms
The drug should be stored in a dry place, protected from sunlight at a temperature no higher than 30 ° C.