Antiflu Kids - a drug for the symptomatic treatment of colds in children.
Release form and composition
Antiflu Kids is available as a white free-flowing powder with a weak smell of raspberries intended for solution for oral administration. The means 1 package active substances are:
- 160 mg of acetaminophen;
- 50 mg ascorbic acid;
- 1 mg of chlorpheniramine maleate.
In addition, the preparation contains auxiliary components: citric acid, raspberry flavor, colloidal silica, tribasic sodium citrate, corn starch, tribasic calcium phosphate, titanium dioxide, dye.
After dissolving the powder Antiflu Kids opaque solution is formed of pink color with the smell of raspberries.
The drug is available in foil bags at 12 g, 5 or 8 pieces per box, together with instructions.
The drug has antipyretic, analgesic and mild anti-inflammatory effect due to the action of the active substance:
- Paracetamol is responsible for the drop in temperature and a decrease in pain;
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) improves the immune system and improves the tolerability of paracetamol;
- Chlorpheniramine has anti-allergic effect and reduces runny nose, watery eyes, itchy eyes and nose, sore throat and muscle aches.
Antiflu Kids on the instructions indicated for the symptomatic treatment of influenza and other acute respiratory viral infections in children from 2 years.
Application Antiflu Kids contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity of the components of the drug;
- Kidney and liver with severe impairment of organs.
Dosage and Administration
According to the instructions Antiflu Kids can be used regardless of the meal.
Before use, the powder can be dissolved in 150 ml of warm water.
For children from 2 to 5 years are a time dissolve 1 bag of the drug. The daily dose for that age - less than 3 sachets per day. For children from 6 to 12 years the single dose is 2 sachets.
If necessary, medication can be taken every 4-6 hours.
The maximum duration of treatment - 5 days. Possibility of taking the medication longer determined by the physician individually.
In the opinion of Antiflu Kids rarely causes side effects. Among them may be allergic reactions, drowsiness, slow reactions, pain in the upper abdomen, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea.
An overdose of medication requires immediate treatment to the doctor because it may cause abnormalities in the liver and kidneys.
The drug can cause drowsiness, so after applying the period Antiflu Kids 4:00 should be exempt children from activities that require full attention.
Do not use together with sedatives.
Analogues Antiflu Kids are:
- As active substances - and Antigrippin FlyuZiOZ-F;
- According to the mechanism of action - Panadol, Ifimol, Ksumapar, Prohodol, Novalgin, AntiFlu, Kalpol, Gevadal, Kaffetin, Fervex, Solpadein, Daleron, Migrenol, Prostudoks, Grippostad, Coldrex, Dolar, Femizol, Theraflu, Koldfri, Strimol, Paracetamol, Saridon, No-spasm Pentalgin, Rinzasip, AdzhiKOLD, Yunispaz, Rankof, Flukoldin, Flyutabs and others.
Terms and conditions of storage
Antiflu Kids can be purchased without a prescription. Shelf life of the drug is 3 years when it recommended storage temperature (15-30 ° C).