Ixel - broad-spectrum anti-depressant.
Release form and composition
The drug is available in capsule form, in a package of 28 or 56 pieces.
One capsule contains:
- Active ingredient - milnacipran hydrochloride 25 mg and 50 mg;
- Auxiliary components: povidone K30, talc, magnesium stearate, colloidal anhydrous silica, calcium carmellose, calcium hydrogen phosphate dihydrate.
It inhibits the reuptake of serotonin and norepinephrine. Do not have affinity for the a1-adrenergic receptors, m nicotinic acetylcholine receptor, histamine H1-receptors and benzodiazepine, dopamine and opioid receptors.
According to the instructions Ixel prescribed for adults with depressive disorders of varying severity.
The average daily dose is 100 mg. Take the drug in two before lunch. Depending on the severity of symptoms the physician may increase the dosage Ixel to 250 mg per day.
Take the drug during meals. The duration of treatment in the instructions Ixelles not available, depending on the severity of the symptoms.
Patients with renal failure is necessary to reduce the dosage, depending on the values of creatinine clearance.
In the opinion of Ixel rarely causes side effects. They noted mainly in the first two weeks of taking the drug, and as a regression of depressive symptoms stoped independently, so cancel receiving does not require.
In the opinion of Ixel may cause the following side effects:
- Digestive system: rarely - nausea, vomiting, dry mouth, constipation; in rare cases - some increase in transaminases.
- Central nervous system: often - dizziness, anxiety; rarely - tremor.
- Other side effects: rarely - increased sweating, palpitations, difficulty urinating, flushing; in rare cases - serotonergic syndrome.
Antidepressant Ixel has absolute contraindications when:
- hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- the age of 15 years;
- the combination of the drug with selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (sumatriptan);
- the combination of the drug with selective and non-selective MAO inhibitors type B
According to the instructions Ixel has the following relative contraindications:
- during pregnancy and lactation;
- obstruction of the urinary tract and benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- when combined preparation with noradrenaline, adrenaline, and clonidine derivatives.
Special instructions to receive Ixelles
Be wary appoint Ixel instructions for patients with a history of seizures, cardiomyopathy, hypertension.
Antidepressant Ixel administered no earlier than two weeks after discontinuation of MAO inhibitors. But after the abolition of Ixelles take MAO inhibitors can be no earlier than a week.
The dosage of the antidepressant Ixel increase gradually. This helps to reduce the severity of adverse symptoms.
It should not be during treatment to drink alcoholic beverages, drive a car and other mechanisms.
In the opinion of Ixel can dissipate attention and reduce psychomotor reactions.
With a slight increase in the dose may be sweating, constipation, vomiting and nausea. Taking the drug in a dosage exceeding 800-1000 mg, causing shortness of breath, vomiting, and tachycardia. Excessive dosage of the drug (1900-2800 mg) in combination with other psychotropic medications may add to the symptoms described above, hypercapnia, increased drowsiness, impaired consciousness.
In case of overdose should be carried out gastric lavage and symptomatic therapy.
Ixelles Interaction with other drugs
The combination of antidepressant Ixel with MAO inhibitors, drugs lithium and sumatriptan may cause the risk of developing serotonin syndrome.
In the opinion of Ixel combined with norepinephrine and epinephrine can trigger the development of cardiac arrhythmias and hypertensive crisis.
Simultaneous treatment with the drug digoxin is the risk of potentiation of haemodynamic disorders.
In conjunction with clonidine and its derivatives Ixel inhibits their hypotensive effect.
Conditions of supply and storage time
The drug is released under the prescription.
Shelf life is three years.