Amlodipine - a drug antihypertensive action, which lowers blood pressure due to its ability to relax smooth muscles of blood vessels. The tool also has anti-anginal properties.
Release form and composition
Amlodipine release tablets with active ingredient (amlodipine besylate form) for 2, 5, 5 and 10 mg. The tablets of the drug round, with bevelled edges, white. One blister contains 10 pieces. In a cardboard bundle two blisters.
In the compositions, besides the active component comprises silicate, microcrystalline cellulose, magnesium stearate, and pregelatinized starch.
According to the instructions, Amlodipine is indicated for the treatment of the following diseases:
- Hypertension (used as a part of complex treatment and as monotherapy);
- Vasospastic angina;
- Coronary heart disease (including chronic phase);
- Congestive heart failure;
- bronchial asthma.
According to the instructions, Amlodipine does not apply if you are hypersensitive to the drug, cardiogenic shock, pregnancy, breastfeeding, with hypotension and collapse.
The drug is prescribed with caution in patients with chronic heart failure, diabetes, disorders
metabolism, liver function after infarction (especially for the first month), as well as patients in the elderly and patients under 18 years.
Dosage and Administration
According to the instructions, Amlodipine is appointed in the following dosages:
- Hypertension, which is complicated by angina, coronary artery disease, the drug is used 1 time per day to 5 mg;
- In hypertension, which proceeds without complications, one the preparation is applied once a day for 2, 5 mg.
If necessary, the dosage may be increased to 10 mg, which is the maximum daily dose.
Amlodipine can cause side effects from the following body systems:
- CNS: headache, fatigue, convulsions, paraesthesia, dizziness, depression, violations of wakefulness and sleep, fatigue, nervousness, loss of consciousness, tremor, amnesia, apathy, anxiety;
- Cardiovascular system, hematopoiesis: leukopenia, beats, cardiac arrhythmias, hypotension, flushing of the face and body, a pain in the sternum, swelling of the extremities, hyperglycemia, dyspnea, and thrombocytopenia;
- GIT: vomiting, dry mouth, flatulence, gastritis, epigastric pain, increasing the amount of bilirubin, pancreatitis, nausea, impaired stool, increased appetite, changes in the activity of liver enzymes.
Amlodipine can also cause sexual dysfunction, disease of the joints, impaired urination, myasthenia.
Cases of occurrence of dermatitis, urticaria, pruritus, erythematous rash.
We also know that the drug can cause blurred vision, change in body temperature, sweating, bleeding from the nose and tinnitus.
During treatment with amlodipine need to diet and control of sodium intake.
Before the abolition of the drug is recommended a gradual reduction in dose.
Amlodipine is Amlovas analogues, Norvasc and normodipin.
Terms and conditions of storage
Amlodipine should be stored in a dry and dark place, away from children at a temperature of 15-25 ° C.
Shelf life is 3 years.