Akvadetrim - drug used to compensate for a deficiency of vitamin D3 and regulation of calcium and phosphorus.
Release form and composition
Akvadetrim produced in the form of colorless transparent drops of oral aniseed odor in bottles of 10 ml with dropper cap.
The 30 drops (1 ml) contains 15 thousand. Kolekaltsiferola IU (vitamin D3) and auxiliary components: sucrose, macrogol glitserilritsinoleat, citric acid monohydrate, sodium hydrogen phosphate dodecahydrate, benzyl alcohol, anise flavor, and purified water.
Application Akvadetrima allows for enhanced absorption and Ca2 phosphates in the intestine, bone mineralization helps ensures operation of the parathyroid glands. Also, the drug promotes the formation of the skeleton and teeth in children.
Akvadetrim according to the instructions indicated for the prevention and treatment:
- Rahitopodobnyh rickets and diseases;
- Other forms of deficiency of vitamin D;
- Hypocalcemic tetany;
- Metabolic osteopathy (hypoparathyroidism and pseudohypoparathyreosis).
In the complex treatment Akvadetrim assigned to osteoporosis, including postmenopausal.
Application Akvadetrima contraindicated in the background:
- Hypervitaminosis D;
- Urolithiasis (the formation of calcium oxalate kidney stones);
- Kidney disease (acute and chronic);
- Renal / hepatic failure;
- Active TB of the lungs;
- Hypersensitivity to vitamin D3 and auxiliary substances drops (in particular - to benzyl alcohol).
The medicine is not administered to children under the age of one month.
In accordance with the instructions Akvadetrim should be taken with caution:
- Patients are able to immobilize;
- Along with thiazide, cardiac glycosides;
- Pregnant and lactating women;
- Infants with a predisposition to early overgrown fontanelle (at small dimensions of the front temechko).
Dosage and Administration
The drug is taken orally by dissolving in a tablespoon of water. One drop contains 500 IU Akvadetrima kolekaltsiferola. The dose is determined individually, taking into account the amount of vitamin D, a patient receives a part of the diet.
For prevention to 4 weeks of life, term infants are usually given 1000 IU (1-2 drops) Akvadetrima a day, and in the summer - 500 IU. Admission to shows for children 2-3 years. The dosage compliance in cases where children rather stay outdoors. When poor care, as well as premature babies, twins and children living in adverse conditions, the daily dose can be increased to 1500 IU.
Where indicated, and depending on individual factors, pregnant women use Akvadetrima caused by one of two schemes:
- Throughout pregnancy - 500 IU per day;
- Starting from 28 weeks - 1,000 IU per day.
For the treatment of rickets, depending on its severity administered daily for 1-1 months at 5 Akvadetrima 2000-5000 IU per day. While drug therapy is necessary to monitor the patient's clinical condition and biochemical parameters of blood and urine. The dosage of 5,000 IU / day is usually given only on the background of pronounced bone changes. After obtaining a clear therapeutic effect of the dosage is reduced to preventative (1-3 drops per day).
For the treatment of diseases rahitopodobnyh depending on body weight, age and severity of symptoms appoint 20 000-30 000 IU per day under the constant control of biochemical parameters of blood and urine. Duration of treatment is 1-1, 5 months.
In the combined therapy on the background of post-menopausal osteoporosis is usually prescribed Akvadetrima 1-2 drops per day.
Akvadetrim in properly selected dosage is well tolerated. During treatment should pay attention to symptoms of hypervitaminosis D, which are manifested in the form of:
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting;
- Headaches, muscle and joint pain;
- Dry mouth;
- Mental disorders, including depression;
- Weight loss;
- Sleep disorders;
- Increasing the temperature and the level of calcium in the blood, as well as its urinary excretion;
- Appearance in urine protein, leukocytes, hyaline casts;
- Calcification of blood vessels, kidneys, and lungs.
If you experience these symptoms Akvadetrim cancel and restrict the intake of calcium and prescribed vitamins A, B and C.
In some cases, the therapy may develop a hypersensitivity reaction.
When using medications should consider all possible sources of vitamin D.
Application Akvadetrima children should take place under medical supervision. Depending on the data analysis of the drug regimen can be adjusted (especially in children in the first months of life).
It should be borne in mind that the long term administration of high-dose drugs may cause chronic hypervitaminosis D3.
Simultaneous reception Akvadetrima and calcium in high doses is not recommended.
During therapy should control the level of calcium in the urine and blood.
Akvadetrima analogues are:
- According to the active substance - Vigantol, Vitamin D3;
- According to the mechanism of action - Alpha D3-Teva, Van Alpha A.T.10, Alfadol-Ca Osteotriol, Oksidevit, Videhol, Alfadol, digidrotahisterol, ergocalciferol, Etalfa.
Terms and conditions of storage
Akvadetrim available without prescription. Shelf life drops - 3 years.