Berlipril - a drug that regulates blood pressure.
In the body, it extends Berlipril hydrolysis, thereby forming enalaprilat - its active ingredient that promotes vasoconstriction.
As a result of reduced Berlipril total peripheral vascular resistance, decreases systolic and diastolic pressure, reducing the load on the heart muscle, improving coronary and renal blood flow.
Admission Berlipril can prevent an increase in heart failure, hypotensive effect.
According to the instructions Berlipril available in tablets with different active ingredient content. There dosage forms: Berlipril 5 containing 5 mg of enalapril maleate and Berlipril 10 containing 10 mg enalapril maleate and Berlipril 20mg respectively.
Application Berlipril shown at heart failure, arterial hypertension, in violation of the heart muscle after a heart attack, which is asymptomatic.
Instructions for use Berlipril
Take Berlipril 5, as well as Berlipril Berlipril 10 and 20 into such dosages:
- in the treatment of arterial hypertension if monotherapy assigned initial dose of 5 mg once Berlipril p / day. If the clinical effect is not observed, the dose is increased by another 5 mg after one to two weeks. After first taking the drug the patient is monitored until stabilized pressure (two to three hours). If treatment was well tolerated, and it is necessary to increase the dose 40mg daily (given in two divided doses). After two to three weeks the patient is transferred to a maintenance dosage - Berlipril 10 - 40 mg per day (two or one dose).
If the patient is moderate hypertension, prescribe Berlipril -10mg 10 / day on average.
The maximum permissible dose Berlipril - 40 mg / day.
- renovascular hypertension initial dose Berlipril - 2, 5-5mg / day. Maximum - 20 mg / day.
- in chronic heart failure the initial dose administered single Berlipril - 2, 5 mg. After Berlipril taken every three to four days at 2 5-5mg. If the patient is lower systolic pressure (up to 110 mm Hg), treatment is initiated with 1, 25 mg, and the desired dosage determination is carried out next two to four weeks. Supportive average daily dose of 5 - 20 mg Berlipril (one or two steps).
- When left ventricular dysfunction, asymptomatic Berlipril appoint two p / day for 2, 5 mg. The dosage is chosen, taking into account the patient's tolerance of the drug - up to 20 mg. Admission is carried out two times.
According to the instructions Berlipril patients in the elderly, who are usually observed a pronounced hypotensive effect, increasing the time of action of the drug, administered in an amount of 1, 25 mg (initial dose).
Receiving Berlipril 5, 10, 20 is independent of mealtimes.
Application Berlipril, can cause adverse reactions from the different systems of the body:
- Cardiovascular - hypotension, orthostatic collapse, angina, heart attack, chest pain, arrhythmia, palpitations, fainting;
- Central, peripheral nervous system - insomnia, anxiety, headache, weakness, dizziness, confusion, drowsiness, fatigue. Occasionally, when taking large doses - depression, paresthesia, nervousness;
- Senses - visual, hearing, vestibular disorders, tinnitus;
- Digestive system - anorexia, vomiting, dry mouth, diarrhea, nausea. Rarely - pancreatitis, intestinal obstruction, hepatitis, abdominal pain, jaundice, biliary tract dysfunction, liver;
- Respiratory System - sore throat, shortness of breath, dry, nonproductive cough, bronchospasm, interstitial pneumonitis, rhinorrhea;
- Allergic reactions of varying degrees of manifestation;
- Urinary - proteinuria, impaired renal function;
In addition, the use of Berlipril can cause alopecia, decreased libido, hot flashes.
Do not appoint Berlipril 20 Berlipril10 and Berlipril5 and angioneurotic edema in the presence of, porphyria, pregnancy, during lactation, if the sensitivity to enalapril, other ACE inhibitors. Also according to the instructions Berlipril not give to children under 18 years.