Trade names: acetylsalicylic acid, aspirin, Upsarin Uppsala, Aspirin Cardio, Thrombotic ASS.
Aspirin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory, non-narcotic analgesics, antiplatelet agent. This drug is known for its antipyretic, anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, as well as the ability to reduce platelet aggregation. The active ingredient is aspirin, acetylsalicylic acid, which acts as a derivative of salicylic acid, which in turn serves as the basis for many drugs, the so-called salicylates.
The anti-inflammatory action of aspirin due to the effect of acetylsalicylic acid on the processes occurring in the inflammation: reducing capillary permeability, lowers the activity of hyaluronidase (group of enzymes), limits the energy supply of the inflammatory process due to the deceleration of Education source of biochemical processes in living systems (ATP)
. Also, aspirin slows biosynthesis group of physiologically active substances, so-called prostaglandins
. The ability of acetylsalicylic acid have antipyretic effect is due to its effect on the hypothalamic heat regulating centers
. The analgesic effect of aspirin due to the influence of the drug on the centers of pain sensitivity
. The ability of the drug to reduce intracranial pressure headaches due to its blood-thinning effect of
Aspirin produced in the form of tablets of 500 mg and 100 mg tablets with 350 mg of effervescent tablets, enteric-coated, 300 mg, 100 mg and 50 mg.
Aspirin tablets, coated tablets more resistant to gastric juice than a drug in the form of conventional tablets, and also substantially reduce the incidence of adverse effects in the stomach. Sodium bicarbonate, a part of effervescent tablets Aspirin acts as a neutralizer of free hydrochloric acid in the stomach, which reduces irritation that aspirin exerts on the mucous membranes of the gastrointestinal tract. Effervescent tablets are taken after a meal, pre-dissolved in a glass of water.
The appointment of the drug is expedient in the following cases:
- acute migraine attacks;
- rheumatic diseases;
- fever, accompanying infectious and inflammatory diseases;
- pain of various genesis, expressed in the form of weak or strong;
- transient ischemic cerebrovascular accident (prevention and treatment);
- prevention of myocardial infarction (predominantly in patients with unstable angina);
- prophylaxis of thrombosis and embolism;
- secondary prevention of myocardial infarction.
How to use aspirin
A single dose of the drug can be used three times a day interval between doses should be in the range of 4-8 hours. Patients with impaired liver and kidney function need to either increase the interval between doses or reduce the dose.
According to the instructions to the aspirin dose depends on the application:
- if fever, pain syndrome, rheumatic diseases for children over 5 years of single dose of 0, 25-0, 75 g (no more than 1, 5 g per day); single dose for adults should not exceed 1 g, and the daily - 3 g;
- for the secondary prevention of infarction and unstable angina daily dose should be between 300-325 mg;
- migraine attack single dose - 1 g (not more than 3 g per day);
- cerebrovascular disorders at Aspirin administered in a dose not exceeding 300 mg per day.
The tablets should be taken before meals, swallowed whole with water or dissolve in water. Use of aspirin for more than three days without a doctor's prescription is strictly prohibited.
According to the instructions, Aspirin can cause some adverse reactions such as:
- Anorexia, nausea, epigastric pain (anterior abdomen);
- Ulcerative erosive lesions of the gastrointestinal tract, gastrointestinal bleeding and hemorrhage;
- Anemia, thrombocytopenia;
- Bronchospasm (in patients with bronchial asthma);
- Skin rash.
The instructions to aspirin specified number of diseases in which the use of the drug is unacceptable:
- asthma provoked by taking salicylates and non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- erosive and ulcerative diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Simultaneous use of aspirin with methotrexate with a weekly dose of 15 mg;
- hemorrhagic diathesis;
- liver and kidney failure;
- arterial hypertension;
- decompensated severe heart failure;
- enlargement of the thyroid gland.
Aspirin is not assigned to the first and third trimesters of pregnancy, lactation, children under 15 years old who have a viral infection provoked acute respiratory infections, as well as individuals with hypersensitivity to salicylates.
A certain caution is needed in the appointment of aspirin in patients suffering from:
- Gout, hyperuricemia;
- Ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract or gastrointestinal bleeding;
- Disorders of the liver and kidneys;
- Chronic respiratory diseases;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Hay fever;
- Polyposis nasal mucosa;
- Allergic reactions to medicines.
The second trimester is also the occasion for prior consultation with a doctor before using aspirin.
According to the instructions, aspirin should be stored in a dry place at a temperature not exceeding 25
C. Shelf life - 4 years.
Aspirin Cardio Product form - tablets, enteric coated, 100 mg and 300 mg.
According to the instructions, Aspirin Cardio is used in all diseases, which are accompanied by the risk of thrombus formation or the presence of excess. This drug is useful for a treatment and prevention of all forms of ischemic heart disease, myocardial infarction, stable and unstable angina, angioplasty and heart.
The instructions to Aspirin Cardio contains the following regimen: daily dose of (0, 1 and 0, 3 g) taken once in a day or two. The course of treatment Aspirin Cardio is usually a long and established physician individually for each patient.
Since the active ingredient of the drug is acetylsalicylic acid, stated in the instructions to the Cardio aspirin pharmacological action, indications and contraindications, and side effects are similar to aspirin identical characteristics.