Nazol - a synthetic drug for local use in ENT practice, widely used for the treatment of acute rhinitis of various etiologies, including children grudnichkovogo age.
Providing vasoconstrictor effect, according to the instructions Nazol reduces swelling of the mucous membranes of the upper respiratory tract.
Starting work through 10-15 minutes after application, Nazol for 10-12 hours facilitates nasal breathing and opens the mouth and sinuses Eustachian tubes.
The drug is produced in the form of nasal spray and drops for children and adults:
- Spray Nazol Advance used for children older than 6 years and adults. 1 ml solution containing 500 micrograms of oxymetazoline hydrochloride. Excipients - benzyl alcohol, edetate disodium, benzalkonium chloride (50% solution), povidone, Macrogol 400, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium hydrogen phosphate and sodium dihydrogen phosphate. The plastic or plastic bottles of 15 and 30 ml spray;
- Nasal drops Nazol Baby (Baby Nazol), applies to all age groups, including infants. 1 ml of a solution containing 1, 25 mg phenylephrine hydrochloride. Excipients - Disodium edetate, benzalkonium chloride, 50% polyethylene glycol, potassium phosphate monobasic, sodium phosphate dibasic, glycerol and purified water. The plastic bottles of 5, 10, 15 and 30 ml.
According to the instructions Nazol used to relieve nasal breathing at:
- Sinusitis and rhinitis of different etiology;
- Viral upper respiratory tract infections and colds;
- Allergic diseases of the upper respiratory tract that are accompanied by acute rhinitis or sinusitis.
Nazol for instructions apply contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to the components of drops or spray and atrophic rhinitis.
Lactation and pregnancy is a contraindication to the use of any drug forms Nazol.
Advanced Nazol not apply to children under 6 years and Nazol Baby for children of this age are used with caution.
With careful use of the drug simultaneously with MAO inhibitors and tricyclic antidepressants, as well as:
- Carbohydrate metabolism and thyroid function;
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system, including hypertension, coronary heart disease, chronic heart failure, tachycardia, arrhythmias;
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Angle-closure glaucoma.
Instructions for use Nazol
Advanced Nazol applied intranasally. Treatment is recommended for no longer than 3 days, with the frequency of the use of up to 2 times per day.
Children 6-12 years is recommended for one-spray in each nostril, older children and adults is allowed to use 2-3-spraying.
Baby Nazol also use no more than 3 days. Babies under one year can be used no more than every 6 hours, 1 drop. Single dose children 1-6 years - 1-2 drops, adults - 3-4 drops.
In the opinion of Nazol can cause various side effects:
- Burning and dryness of nasal membranes;
- Dryness in the mouth and throat;
- The increase in nasal secretions released.
Also Nazol Review can cause: increased anxiety, increased blood pressure, dizziness, headache, palpitations, nausea or insomnia.
Prolonged use of the drug may cause:
- Reactive hyperemia of the nasal mucosa;
- Atrophy of the nasal mucosa;
Nazol - OTC drug. Shelf life spray Nazol Advans- 3 years, a drop Nazol Baby - 2 years.