Clexane - direct action anticoagulant used for the prevention and treatment of thrombus formation in the deep veins in traumatology, surgery and orthopedics.
The active substance Clexane has antithrombotic effect. Suitable subcutaneously for the treatment of acute coronary syndrome for the treatment and prevention of deep vein thrombosis in traumatology, surgery, orthopedics, and for the prevention of thrombus formation in the extracorporeal circulation during hemodialysis.
Clexane manufactured as syringes filled with a colorless transparent solution for injection to 0, 2 mL, 0, 4 ml (Clexane 0, 4), 0, 6 ml 0 8 ml and 1 ml, containing 20 mg, 40 mg, 60 mg, 80 mg and 1 g of active ingredient - enoxaparin sodium, respectively, and water for injection as a solvent. By syringe 2 in the blister.
According to the instructions Clexane is used for:
- Treatment of thrombus formation in the deep veins with pulmonary embolism or without;
- Prevention of venous thrombosis and embolism in patients who are on bed rest because of acute therapeutic diseases, and includes congestive heart failure, acute respiratory failure, severe acute infections, acute rheumatic disease in conjunction with the risk factors of venous thrombus formation;
- Treatment of acute myocardial infarction with ST-segment elevation at the possibility of his medical treatment;
- Prevention of embolism and venous thrombosis in general surgery and orthopedic surgery or other surgical procedures;
- Treatment of unstable angina (in combination with acetylsalicylic acid) and myocardial infarction without tooth Q;
- Prevention of thrombus formation in the extracorporeal circulation during hemodialysis.
According to the instructions Clexane is contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to heparin or a derivative thereof, the active ingredient - enoxaparin sodium, as well as the condition or disease for which there is a high risk of bleeding:
- When a brain aneurysm, or dissecting aortic aneurysm except in cases that involve surgery;
- Threatened abortion;
- Uncontrolled bleeding;
- Hemorrhagic stroke;
- Heavy enoxaparin heparin-induced thrombocytopenia.
Application Clexane Pregnancy in women with prosthetic heart valves is contraindicated. Also, the drug is not prescribed under the age of 18 years due to lack of studies.
With careful use of Clexane instructions at:
- Recently, ischemic stroke;
- Recently transferred or suspected neurologic or ophthalmic surgery;
- Heavyweight diabetes;
- Diabetic or haemorrhagic retinopathy;
- Recent childbirth;
- Kidney and liver failure;
- Various violations of hemostasis - thrombocytopenia, hemophilia, severe vasculitis, anticoagulation, von Willebrand disease;
- Gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer, or other erosive and ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- Acute or subacute bacterial endocarditis;
- Pericarditis or pericardial effusion;
- Severe injuries or open wounds on large surfaces;
- Conducting spinal or epidural anesthesia and lumbar puncture;
- Severe uncontrolled hypertension;
- Simultaneously taking drugs that affect hemostasis;
- Intrauterine contraception.
Reliable data on the use of Clexane during pregnancy and lactation is not, so the drug is prescribed strictly on the testimony.
Instructions for use Clexane
Clexane is usually administered by deep subcutaneous, preferably in a lying position. When using Clexane in dosage of 20 mg or 0 Clexane 4 air bubbles from the syringe is better not removed to avoid the loss of the drug. Clexane is administered to the variables in the posterolateral or anterolateral (the right or left) area of the abdominal wall. The needle is inserted not sideways and vertically over the entire length directly into a skin fold. Folds of skin could be released only after completion of the injection. After the end of administration of the drug injection site massage is not recommended.
At moderate risk of thrombosis and embolism in general surgical operations are used once daily 20-40 mg Clexane. The first injection is usually done in 2 hours before the operation.
With the high risk of embolism or thrombosis in orthopedic surgery is used once a day Clexane 0, 4, no later than 12 hours before the operation.
Duration of treatment as instructed Kleksanom average - from 7 to 10 days. If necessary, continue therapy for much longer while keeping the risk of these entities. In some cases, orthopedics Clexane 0, 4 to 5 weeks of use.
For the prevention of venous thrombosis or embolism, acute therapeutic diseases in the period of bed rest is used once a day Clexane 0, 4 for 6-14 days.
Clexane used with caution in hepatic dysfunction due to the lack of clinical trials.
When applying Clexane may develop various side effects. Among them:
- Thrombocytopenia is manifested slightly at the beginning of treatment;
- Bleeding, which, in the opinion of the Kleksane, often develops in the presence of concomitant risk factors for its development;
- Pain at the injection site, bruising and formation of inflammatory infiltrates solid nodules, which, in the opinion of the Kleksane, go away in a few days;
- Infrequently experience an allergic reaction to the drug as bullous rashes or systemic allergic reactions. In the opinion of Clexane may cause allergic vasculitis, because of which requires discontinuation of treatment with this drug.
We do not recommend the use of Clexane in pregnancy for therapeutic purposes, as well as prevention in the first trimester of pregnancy.
Application Clexane pregnancy during the second and third trimesters for prevention is possible only in cases of necessity under strict indications.
Application Clexane in acute infections and acute rheumatic conditions is not recommended on the background:
- Hormone replacement therapy;
- Age over 75 years;
- Thrombosis and embolism in history;
- The presence of malignant tumors;
- Chronic respiratory failure;
- Heart failure.
When applying Clexane its use and can not be mixed with other drugs.
Clexane released under doctor's prescription. The shelf life of the drug - 3 years.