Calcium D3 NYCOMED
Calcium-D3 Nycomed - a regulator of calcium-phosphorus metabolism, the body compensates for the deficiency of calcium and vitamin D3.
It refers to the pharmacological groups correctors metabolism of cartilage and bone in the combinations, vitamins and vitamin-like agents in combination.
Calcium-D3 Nycomed - drug combination of calcium and vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) is required in case of:
- Regulation of phosphorus and calcium metabolism;
- Replenishment of calcium deficiency in the hair, teeth, muscles, bones, nails;
- Reducing bone resorption (resorption) and increase bone density;
- Shortfall of calcium and vitamin D3, necessary for mineralization of teeth;
- Regulation of muscle contraction, nerve conduction;
- Normalization of blood clotting;
- Decreased production of parathyroid hormone that stimulates leaching of calcium from the bones.
Vitamin D3 in the preparation increases the absorption and distribution of calcium in the tissues and organs. In the body, the components of the drug absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract: vitamin D3 - the small intestine, calcium - proximal small intestine. The bioavailability of calcium in calcium supplements-D3 Nycomed about 30%. In the extracellular space and inside the cells distributed about 1% of calcium, the rest of calcium is distributed into the bone tissue. Vitamin D3 is partially metabolised by the liver, turning into calcitriol (the active metabolite).
Excreted active drug components through the kidneys and gastrointestinal tract, calcium further outputted via the sweat glands.
Form release Calcium-D3 Nycomed
Calcium-D3 Nycomed - a round shape chewable tablets, white, biconvex, uncoated, may be jagged edges and small inclusions:
- The tablets with orange flavor - 20, 50, 100 pieces. Plastic bottle in a cardboard box;
- Tablets with menthol taste - 20, 50, 100 pieces. Plastic bottle in a cardboard box;
- The tablets with lemon flavor (Calcium-D3 Nycomed Forte) - 30, 60, 120 pieces. Plastic bottle in a cardboard box.
Analogs Calcium-D3 Nycomed
Analogs Calcium-D3 Nycomed for the active ingredient - Calcium + Vitamin D3 Vitrum Calcium D3-MIC Complivit Calcium D3 D3 Natekal, Revital Calcium D3, Calcium D3 Classic.
Analogs of the mode of action of the drug - Vitrum Osteomag, Kalkohel (homeopathic) Calcemin, Calcemin Advanced Calcium-D3 Actavis.
Indications Calcium-D3 Nycomed
According to the instructions, Calcium-D3 Nycomed prescribed for the treatment and prevention of deficiency in the body of calcium and vitamin D3 in the case of:
- Osteoporosis (menopausal, steroid, senile, idiopathic et al.) For the prevention and treatment of a complex with a major;
- Osteomalacia - softening of the bones as a result of violation of mineral metabolism;
- Hypocalcemia - in reducing serum levels of ionized calcium;
- Increased needs of the organism in the components of the drug - a period of intense growth of children after 12 years.
Calcium-D3 Nycomed during pregnancy
According to the instructions, Calcium-D3 Nycomed during pregnancy and breastfeeding is recommended to take to make up for a deficiency of vitamin D3 and calcium. Hypercalcemia due to an overdose of the drug may have an adverse effect on fetal development. The maximum daily dose of the drug components - 1500 mg of calcium and 600 IU of vitamin D3.
The drug can be taken during lactation, but should be aware that cholecalciferol and calcium are able to penetrate into breast milk. To calculate the daily dose in this case is necessary to take into account other sources of these components in the mother and child.
Nycomed during pregnancy and breastfeeding should be taken only when prescribed by the attending physician and under his supervision.
According to the instructions, Calcium-D3 Nycomed is not indicated in case of:
- Increased individual sensitivity to the drug, peanuts and soybeans;
- Hypervitaminosis D3;
- Renal insufficiency;
- Active form of tuberculosis;
- Hereditary fructose intolerance;
- Glucose-galactose malabsorption;
- Saharazno-izomaltaznoy failure.
Precautions should be prescribed Calcium-D3 Nycomed with moderate renal failure, forced immobility patients, the elderly, children under 12 years.
Dosing Calcium-D3 Nycomed
According to the instructions, Calcium-D3 Nycomed taken orally by chewing or swallowing whole. Adults and children after 12 years: 1 tablet 2 times a day, morning and evening during meals or according to the scheme, the treating physician, taking into account individual characteristics of the organism.
According to the instructions, Calcium-D3 Nycomed while admission follows interact with such drugs:
- Cardiac glycosides - a drug potentiates the toxic effects of glycosides during hypercalcemia. Necessary to control the calcium content in serum and electrocardiogram;
- Tetracycline drugs - calcium reduces their absorption from the gastrointestinal tract. Tetracyclines should take 2 hours or up to 4-6 hours after dosing;
- Bisphosphonates - calcium reduces their absorption. Take at least one hour before the drug;
- GCS - reduces absorption of calcium. May increase the dose of the drug;
- Thiazide diuretics series - increase the risk of hypercalcemia. Requires regular monitoring of serum calcium;
- Levothyroxine - calcium reduces its absorption. The gap between taking the drug for at least 4 hours;
- Antibiotics quinolones - calcium reduces their absorption. Taken 2 hours before or 4 hours after taking the drug.
Calcium absorbability decreases food intake with oxalate and phytin. Therefore, in accordance with the instructions, Calcium-D3 Nycomed can be taken 2 hours after eating cereals, spinach, sorrel, rhubarb.
When Calcium-D3 Nycomed, reviews, possible stomach pain, nausea, diarrhea, bloating, and constipation. Sometimes uncontrolled intake of the drug may cause hypercalcemia or hypercalciuria.
With a strong overdose Calcium-D3 Nycomed, reviews, can cause thirst, polyuria, decreased appetite, nausea, vomiting, constipation, headache, weakness, dizziness, fainting. With prolonged use, the formation of calcification of blood vessels and tissues.
Stored Calcium-D3 Nycomed at room temperature in a dry place out of direct sunlight.
Shelf life - 3 years from the date on the package.