Dried prunes are called seedless plum. Typically, drying is selected juicy ripe fruit homemade plum Pink family.
Self draining - a small tree or a large shrub that is widely cultivated in almost all European countries, as well as in the United States, China and Japan. Suitable for drying and other varieties of plums, the fruit of which also have a dark color and a similar size.
Typically, in countries where they grow plums, spread and production of prunes. The most expensive and high-quality products are considered soft prunes black with a distinctive sweet-sour taste, which is produced in North and South America, France and Moldova.
After collecting plum fruit blanch and after cooling with running water is dried in the steam driers. The characteristic Prune shine gives glycerol, which is processed already dried fruit.
Different varieties plum differ in composition, but the average prunes contains (based on 100):
- 56, 9 g of poly- and monosaccharides;
- 32, 4 g of water;
- 8, 9 grams of dietary fiber;
- 3, 5 g of organic acids;
- 0, 1 g of unsaturated fatty acids;
- 2, 3 g protein;
- 1, 8 g of ashes;
- 0, 7 grams of fat;
- 0, 6 g of starch;
- Vitamins - C (3, 3 mg), and the PP, A, B1, B2, E, B9, B6, B5;
- Macronutrients - potassium (745-864 mg), as well as magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, chlorine, and sodium;
- Micronutrients - iron (2, 47 mg), manganese, copper, zinc and selenium.
Calories prunes is 264 kcal and it is similar to the rest of the dried fruits, calorie ranging from 246 calories (pear) up to 292 kilocalories (cherry).
High-calorie prunes compared with fresh plum (43 kcal) due to shrinkage of fruits - 5 kg of fresh plums on average, the output is not more than 1 kg of prunes.
Useful properties of prunes
Useful properties of prunes due to rich in vitamins and mineral composition. It is a diuretic, antibacterial and choleretic effect. Other therapeutic properties of prunes are:
- Normalization of metabolism;
- Stimulation of the secretion of gastric juice;
- Increased appetite;
- Improving the condition of the skin;
- Activation of brain activity.
Prunes also recognized as a good energy. It helps to quickly restore power and performance after protracted illness and stress and improves overall health. Dried plums have often recommended for the treatment and as prevention of the following diseases: gout, rheumatism, kidney and liver.
The benefits of prunes
Use prunes proven by numerous studies of nutritional product. Thus, it can be regarded as a kind of vitamin and mineral complex, while in dried plums contain virtually no saturated fats. Therefore, nutritionists recommend eating prunes slimming.
US study found that prunes causes a feeling of satiety faster than many flour products. The level of glucose and a hormone and its disposing - of insulin in the blood after the "bite" prune off after buns and biscuits.
Also prune proven benefits:
- To improve the functioning of the digestive system. Prunes refers to products having laxative properties and is recommended to use for constipation. This contributes to the vegetable fiber and sorbitol, are included in it. This property prunes confirmed by studies whose data were published in the US in 2011, after which doctors can prescribe this country prunes as a laxative;
- To strengthen the immune system. Due to vitamin C and other beneficial ingredients, prunes is an excellent antioxidant and helps to eliminate from the body of free radicals and other toxins, which strengthens the immune system and restores. Flavonoids and other phenolic antioxidants such as lutein, also provide antioxidant protection and prevent aging;
- For the prevention of visual impairment, due to vitamin A and beta-carotene, are in considerable quantities in dried plums;
- How to prevent the development of heart disease. Potassium fluoride and iron play an important role in the formation of red blood cells, which improves the blood and protects against the development of diseases of the cardiovascular system such as hypertension, thrombosis and atherosclerosis.
Prunes can be eaten as a separate product and add it as an ingredient in various dishes. He is a wonderful option of fast stave off hunger.
For hot drinks should be finely chop and add along with the other components. Tea with dried plum are particularly useful during pregnancy, as they saturate the body with minerals and vitamins, and improve digestion.
Prunes are added to the traditional sweet rice, especially in the kitchen of Central Asia. He is also an ingredient in a variety of snacks, cakes and desserts, salads and meat dishes.
Application of plum slimming
Many nutritionists recommend eat prunes slimming. This is due to vitamin-rich composition with a relatively low caloric content and the ability to beneficially affect the body's metabolic processes.
So, prunes included in the composition of fruit and mixed diets, which tend to give a quick and lasting results. If not stick to a special diet, prunes also promotes weight loss. It is recommended to observe the following rules:
- Eat 4-5 dried plums per day to decrease appetite and normalize blood sugar levels;
- There prunes before meals rather than after it, thus reducing the amount of main course;
- Apply for dried plums "quick snack." Also suitable for this purpose, and the mixture of prunes, dried apricots and nuts;
- Cooking porridge with prunes.
Thanks to its balanced composition, can bring harm to prune only in cases of abuse, which can cause indigestion.
Also, caution should be included prunes in your diet in obesity and diabetes, and breast-feeding mothers is recommended to consult a pediatrician, not to cause a child indigestion and colic.
Also prunes can harm if the drying conditions are violated or storage. Thus, it is not recommended to eat prunes, if it is bitter, has traces of mold or brown color, indicating that it was subjected to re-heat treatment, as a result of which it loses the majority of useful substances.