Curd refers to one of the most famous and useful dairy products. In addition to the taste by which he is famous, cheese has a lot of healing properties for the body.
Cottage on the historical evidence was known in ancient Rome. In Russia it is traditionally prepared from sour - sour milk usual that put in preheated oven in a clay pot, then poured sour curled in a linen bag to form a serum glass. After this curd put under pressure to serum completely separated and formed quite a dense mass. Similarly prepared cheese at home today.
On the content of fat cottage cheese can be divided into:
- Fat (18% or more);
- Bold (dietary soft, 9%);
- Low-fat (3%).
Also distinguish curd by the process of coagulation of milk proteins. It is:
- Acid prepared usually from skim milk. In this case, the protein folds under the action of lactic acid, which is formed by lactic fermentation;
- Acid rennet prepared simultaneously applying ferment lactic bacteria and rennet.
The composition of the curd
The nutritional value of cheese is higher than milk, since it is usually from 500 g of milk can prepare about 200 grams of curd. In addition, the nutritional value of cheese depends on its fat content. For example, it contains:
- The fat - 15 g protein, 18 g fat, 2, 8 g carbohydrate;
- In bold - 18 g protein, 9 g fat, 3 g carbohydrate;
- The lean - 22 g protein, 0, 6 g fat, 3, 3 grams of carbohydrates.
The composition of the cheese are:
- Vitamins - A, D, C and B vitamins;
- Minerals - iron, calcium, phosphorus;
- Lactose (milk sugar);
Calorie cheese depends on its fat content. For example, low-fat cottage cheese 0, 6% contains 110-120 kcal, bold, 9% - 169 kcal, fat 18% - 236 kcal.
The most beneficial to health is considered cheese low in calories and fat. Also, depending on the calorie cheese used for diet and nutrition of athletes, as well as for preparation of various dishes.
Useful properties of cottage cheese
Cottage cheese - an indispensable product for healthy and nutritious food. Useful properties of cheese due to the technology of its preparation, which resulted from it are two valuable components - milk fat and milk protein is easily digestible. Milk protein (casein) has a high nutritional value and can replace animal proteins.
One of the beneficial properties of cheese are contained therein, the amino acids necessary for the prevention of liver diseases.
Cheese is rich in calcium and phosphorus, which are essential for proper bone formation and bone. These minerals are especially needed:
- When fractures;
- Children during the growth of bones and teeth;
- In hypertensive disease, and heart disease;
- When rickets;
- When kidney disease;
- Pregnant women;
Another useful feature of cottage cheese is due to its composition of lactic acid bacteria that improve the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract, and normalize bowel movements.
Proven benefit of cottage cheese as a source of calcium, amino acids and vitamins for children and the elderly. Additionally, cheese promotes the normalization of the nervous system, to increase the level of hemoglobin in blood and can be used as a prophylactic metabolic diseases. The baby food of cheese is marked benefit when administered as part of the diets in the treatment of kidney diseases, liver, digestive system, lungs and circulatory system.
Also proven benefits of cheese:
- To increase growth hormone. Back in the 70s of the last century, it was found that eating protein helps to increase the level of growth hormone;
- To reduce excess weight. Many studies confirm that cottage cheese and other dairy proteins promote efficient fat burning;
- To increase muscle mass. Amino acids curd, providing building muscle and other tissues, it is preferable to other sources of protein for muscle building. Furthermore, cheese is rich in calcium, promoting an increase in testosterone levels and, consequently, a rapid increase in muscle mass;
- As prevention of atherosclerosis, as in the curd contains calcium and phosphorus, as well as methionine and choline.
Storage conditions curd
Curd refers to perishable goods. Keep it should be refrigerated no longer than 2-3 days. Also, in order that it does not spoil it should not be stored in plastic bags. The best way to store cheese is an enamel or glass cookware.
Cottage cheese is recommended for long-term storage freeze. In this case, it does not lose its beneficial properties, although the taste and become somewhat lower.
Cheese as a source of easily digestible protein and calcium is recommended to eat daily to 200 g
Also, many nutritionists advise to include it in the various diets for weight loss:
- From 400 to 600 g of skim cheese with 60 g of cream separated into four meals. In addition, during the day you can drink up to 100 ml of coffee or tea with milk and 2 cups of broth hips;
- Three times a day, 100 g of nonfat 0, 6% cheese and 900 g of yogurt, divided into six stages.
There cheese before going to bed is a popular practice among bodybuilders and strength athletes. It is believed that the muscles during sleep are reduced and grow, and the curd is a catalyst in these processes. Of course, in these cases should be preferred low calorie fat-free yogurt.
Cottage cheese has long been used in folk medicine in the treatment of shock, bruises, tumors. It is used to compress, which is made from 2 tbsp. spoons of natural yogurt with 1 tbsp. a spoonful of honey. In the treatment of burns slightly warm curd should be applied to three times a day burned area.
In addition, cheese is used for cosmetic purposes in the preparation of various creams and masks for face and body.
With varying calorie cheese is widely used all over the world cooks. From it is prepared many different desserts - cheesecake, souffles, curd, casseroles, muffins, cakes, cheese cakes and many other dishes.
Cottage cheese does not cause harm in cases where to eat low-fat types of low-calorie. Also, you must carefully follow the recommended conditions of storage and should not eat cheese, which is stored longer than 2-3 days of preparation.
Cottage cheese is considered a useful product, suitable for almost everyone. Harm can bring cheese only in cases of individual intolerance of dairy products, as well as if it is eaten in excessive amounts.
The damage from the curd may also occur with regular use of "cottage cheese product", which to increase calorie and expiry added starch and other third-party components.