Almond thanks to its original and delicate taste, high content of useful and valuable substances is considered the king of nuts. Although it is called a nut properly because in fact it is a drupe, such as, for example, the fruit of apricots, peaches. But no matter how it was called by the people, the benefits of almonds does not cause any doubts. There are two types of almond - bitter and sweet. Sweet almonds are widely used in cooking and confectionery business and get out of the bitter almond essential oil is an excellent flavor. Almond trees grow in tropical countries and in Central Asia.
The properties of almonds
Despite the small size of the almond kernels - their great benefits. Almond is a whole storehouse of valuable substances. It contains:
- B vitamins, and tocopherol (vitamin E);
- Potassium salts, as well as copper, iron, phosphorus. These substances are necessary for the normal functioning of the central nervous system of hematopoiesis. In addition, potassium regulates the heart beat;
- The protein, which consists of all the essential amino acids. The high protein content makes almonds one of the alternative sources of protein compounds. Due to this property to avoid the development of almond protein deficiency in vegetarians or people who for one reason or another, do not eat meat;
- Polyunsaturated fatty acids - are actively involved in lipid metabolism, they are an integral part of cell membranes and the meninges.
Almonds can be considered a dietary product quality, despite its high caloric content (640 kcal per 100 g 0). After all, in order to completely cover the body's need an adult in the useful substances contained in almonds, should eat only 30, 0 grams of nuts. A useful feature of the almond is the fact that it contains a small amount of carbohydrates. Therefore, it can be eaten without fear, and persons suffering from diabetes and obesity.
Useful properties of almond to the human body are largely determined by a complex of vitamins, included in its composition. So vitamins B:
- Has beneficial effects on the nervous system;
- Gives a healthy look and beauty of nails, hair, skin;
- Maintain vitality;
- Are directly involved in energy metabolism in cells;
- Improves mood.
Vitamins this group in the human body can not be synthesized and do not accumulate, so they need to receive daily with food.
The high content of almonds vitamin E (tocopherol), which has a powerful antioxidant action, provides the following beneficial properties of almond:
- Cleansing the blood vessels from cholesterol deposits (cholesterol plaques);
- Building muscle mass;
- Normalization of metabolism;
- Tissue repair and regeneration of cells;
- Improving sexual and fertility.
In addition vitamin E prevents the development of malignant neoplasms.
Excessive consumption of almonds can cause substantial harm to the human body. Particularly dangerous to use in an amount of bitter almond nuts 2 per day, as it contains cyanide, disrupts the function of cellular respiration and lead to serious damage to the central nervous system.
Sweet almonds contains no toxic substances, but it is not necessary to get involved. It is enough calories, and if you eat it in 30 hours, 0 grams, the extra weight will not keep you waiting. Harm almond manifested in the fact that it can cause allergic reactions in people with individual intolerance to this food. In addition, excessive consumption of almonds can cause a person to develop a state-like drugs or alcohol.