Barley is a cereal cereal barley. Depending on the size of grains of barley produced rump assigned a number (from 1 to 3). Unlike all the other cereals, it is not divided into grades. Before the production of barley grain cereals barley purified from mineral and organic impurities are removed from the color film, but not subjected to grinding, so they retained nearly all nutrients.
Asia is considered the motherland of barley. In the wild it grows in the Caucasus, Central Asia, Syria, Turkey and Lebanon. In its precocity and unpretentiousness barley surpasses all cereals. But on their nutritional dishes barley grains, in particular barley porridge, considered the most high-calorie and tasty.
Avicenna in his treatise "The Canon of Medicine" written on the properties of barley grain output from the human body toxins and wastes. These data fully confirmed by modern science. Therefore, dishes from barley grains nutritionists recommend use for poisoning and allergic diseases.
In barley groats contains a substance - gordetsin having antifungal activity. In connection with this, the remaining water from soaking grains can be treated fungal skin lesions, or use it for the prevention of diseases, for example, wipe the skin feet after visiting the pool or bathhouse.
Useful properties of barley grains can call it a diuretic, anti-inflammatory, antispasmodic, enveloping and emollient action. With its help treat breast disease, obesity, constipation, colds, hemorrhoids, as well as the gall bladder, liver, urinary tract. Since barley grits contain "heavy carbohydrates", do not lead to a sharp rise in blood glucose in serum, the dishes it is possible to include in the diet of people with diabetes.
The composition and properties of barley groats
Barley grits - is not expensive, but very valuable in quality food. Use barley grains for human health is due to the richness of its chemical composition. It contains 10% protein 4, 1, 3% fat, 66% carbohydrates and 3 13% crude fiber. In addition, it is rich in vitamins A, PP, E, B vitamins, as well as micro- and macroelements (boron, zinc, chromium, fluoride, phosphorus, silicon, iodine, nickel, magnesium, iron, copper, calcium and potassium).
Significant fiber content leads to favor barley grains for digestive tract. It not only promotes digestion and intestinal peristalsis, but also removes from the human body toxins.
Protein barley cereal virtually nothing inferior wheat protein, but unlike the latter it is absorbed almost completely.
100 Calories, 0 g of barley grains is 324 kcal.
Use barley groats
This cereal is widely used for the organization of children's and dietary nutrition because it is much healthier and softer barley. With regular use of it in food can not only save money seed budget, but also significantly improve the health of all family members.
So, briefly list the beneficial properties of barley grains:
- It has a high calorific value and excellent taste;
- Dishes from barley grains helps to improve digestion and can get rid of constipation;
- It has anti-allergic properties, so it can be included in the diet of people suffering from various forms of allergic diseases;
- One of the properties of barley grains is that it is a long time makes a person a feeling of satiety. This is due to high content of "hard" carbohydrates and fiber. Therefore, nutritionists advise to include dishes from barley grains in the diet of people suffering from obesity and diabetes;
- Due to the high content of protein-containing gluten barley grits can be used for preparation of various dietary soups and cereals used to feed patients in the postoperative period, as well as in diseases of the stomach and intestines;
- A unique feature of barley grains lies in its ability to improve mood and relieve the symptoms of depression;
- Regular consumption of barley grains improves the skin, smoothes fine lines and wrinkles.
Harm barley groats and contraindications
Barley grits - is a healthy and very nutritious food. I do not eat it only to those people who suffer from severe chronic diseases of the gastrointestinal tract in acute.
Hazardous properties barley grains may appear only when there is excessive use of it and manifest in rapid weight gain. In order to lose weight, porridge from barley grains should be eaten no more than two - three times a week, but no it's not every day for breakfast and dinner. Only a reasonable approach you can appreciate all the benefits of barley grains.