Brief description of the disease
Psoriasis (psoriasis) manifests itself in red scaly patches and silvery scales on the appearance of the surface of the skin. These scales are constantly itch and deliver very tangible human discomfort. Typically, the disease affects the skin on the head, elbow and knee joints, lower back. Known as nail psoriasis, external genitalia, and joints, however, these forms are much rarer compared to porazheniemi skin.
The disease is associated with a short life cycle of cells. In a healthy human skin refreshed every 30 days. Psoriasis, the symptoms of which are expressed quite clearly reduces this period to 4-5 days. As a result, skin cells quickly die, leaving behind dead skin areas.
Psoriasis on the scalp and the skin looks a lot like papules, towering above the surface of the skin. They are covered with silvery scales, have a pink or red color, easy to fall off when brushing. Over time, the papules coalesce into larger units - plaques and affect all large areas of skin.
Given that 2-7% of the population diagnosed psoriasis, treatment of this disease is very relevant medical problem. The main difficulty with this is that it causes rapid cell death has not yet been studied. Some researchers have linked this process with an impaired immune system, while others - with a bad heredity. There are theories that explain the appearance of plaques malnutrition, climatic conditions and stress. Most likely, there is a coincidence of all these factors, triggering the mechanism of the disease.
Psoriasis - symptoms and clinical picture
Symptoms of the disease usually appear suddenly. First, the patient's body appear multiple pink rash that spread rapidly on a very large area. Then came the papules grow in size and form larger patches. This damaged skin is constantly bleeding and cracking. Quite differently behaves nail psoriasis. During his nail plate turbid, they appear small and large grooves or punctiform pressing.
The main feature of psoriasis is itching. He felt particularly strongly in the field of large clusters of papules, but also affects the surrounding area of the skin. Note that psoriasis, symptoms of which are amplified in the winter, it can weaken for no apparent reason, but never disappears completely, so at the first sign of the disease you should consult with your doctor and get a complete checkup.
If you do not treat psoriasis (a popular treatment is permissible along with traditional medical methods), then eventually it will go into severe form and will be accompanied by joint disease. They begin to lose mobility, to swell and hurt. Many patients at the same time complaining about the instability of the emotional state. However, this is understandable, because the disease significantly reduces the level of life and affects the psychological state of the people.
Psoriasis - treatment with traditional methods
Just want to say that at the moment guaranteed way to get rid of psoriasis - does not exist, but the medical industry produces a large set of tools to help control the spread of the disease and reduce the severity of its symptoms. Note that psoriasis which symptoms tend to subside, depending on various factors, it never disappears by itself. Even when he moved to the hidden form, the skin continue to experience minor functional, immunological and biochemical changes.
If a person is diagnosed with psoriasis, treatment should be comprehensive and include the use of the most effective techniques:
- the use of hormonal preparations, which are applied to damaged skin. Well established tools such as Diprosalik, Schering-Plough, Elokim betamethasone and flyutsionolon. Keep in mind that the frequency of use of these drugs should determine the competent doctor, because the uncontrolled treatment of hormonal drugs can cause dry skin, contact dermatitis, allergic reactions, secondary infections.
- ultraviolet radiation (UVR) - when used correctly psoriasis treatment is performed by ultraviolet irradiation, it ceases to spread over the surface of the skin while fading expressed earlier symptoms;
- photochemotherapy - one of the most effective methods of treatment of psoriasis, especially in severe forms of the disease. The therapeutic effect is based on the effects on the skin long-wave UV rays and taking photosensitizing drugs Group: puvalena, psoralen, ammifurina, metoksipsoragena. Photochemotherapy gets rid of 80% of the plaque, and with regular use eliminates 90-95% of skin deformations;
- In recent years, psoriasis of the scalp and skin and other body parts can be successfully treated using laser therapy. Laser beams excite the molecules of living tissue, causing photochemical, photomechanical and other positive effects.
In addition to these methods of psoriasis treated with X-ray, ultrasound, phonophoresis, electrotherapy, magnetic waves and low temperatures. Good results show thalassotherapy, which not only strengthens the body's defense system, but also gives the patient very pleasant emotions.
Psoriasis - Treatment folk remedies
There are many recipes to help you get rid of this unpleasant disease. We will tell you just about the most popular of them, in fact, proven to be effective.
- 20 g of dried bay leaves pour 2 cups boiling water. The broth comes to the condition on low heat for 10-15 minutes, then filtered and allowed to cool. The medicine should be taken 3 times a day 1/3 cup;
- a person who has diagnosed psoriasis, national treatment offers to take a bath in a series, St. John's wort, celandine, sage and pine extract;
- high efficiency have charges of grass succession, St. John's wort, elecampane root, elder flowers and herbs horsetail. Spoon collection pour a glass of boiled water and to insist on a water bath for 15-20 minutes. Take the infusion should be morning and evening after meals;
- Another means of fighting with psoriasis - a sea buckthorn oil. Use inside one teaspoon once a day;
- They have a strong sense of the flowers and leaves of black elderberry. Pour two teaspoons of plants 0, 5 liters of boiled water and leave for an hour. Then the broth is filtered. Store it in a dry, cool place, and take 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
Out of the external application, we can recommend the juice of celandine, fish oil and garlic tincture. Lubricate them affected skin once or twice a day. Also recommended trays from corn or oat flour. For people who are diagnosed with psoriasis, treatment of folk remedies it is often the only option for solving the problems with the skin.