Periodontal disease - a primary dystrophic diseases of the teeth, affecting the jawbone and periodontal, which leads to violation of the trophic (food) tissue, blood supply, mineral metabolism and cell regeneration. It should be noted that in most cases can be treated at home periodontal disease, but any complications the patient will still have to apply to the dentist because the disease affects the whole jaw and can lead to serious consequences.
Many people confuse with periodontal disease periodontitis. In fact - it is absolutely different illnesses, which differ from each other as the causes of, and the clinical picture. Periodontitis is localized in a limited area, and in the diagnosis of periodontal disease symptoms are generalized, that is evidence of the impact once the entire jaw. In addition, when there are no periodontitis dental "pockets" or lost tooth mobility (except for advanced cases). Different illnesses and the spread. If periodontal disease is diagnosed in 80-90% of the inhabitants of the Earth, periodontal disease is much rarer - only 5-10% of the population.
Periodontal disease - causes of the disease
The causes of degenerative changes of the teeth are not fully understood. As a rule, the occurrence of periodontal disease is associated with hereditary factors and diseases of internal organs (atherosclerosis, gastric ulcer, liver cirrhosis, diabetes mellitus) that affect the vital systems of the body. Also, the disease can be caused by disorders of blood circulation in teeth and endocrine disorders.
Periodontal disease - symptoms
Clinical symptoms inexpressive. The disease develops slowly, for a long time does not cause pain and discomfort. For this reason, people go to the doctor only when they started developing periodontal disease (disease treatment, as a consequence, also begins in the later stages). In the early stages of the disease can be detected only when the regular examinations by a specialist dentist. The grounds for appeal to the clinic are the following symptoms:
- discoloration of the gums - with periodontitis are pale, but without any visible signs of inflammation;
- "Extension" of the tooth, that is, the gradual exposure of his neck, and then the root;
- wedge-shaped defects of teeth, erosion of enamel, the tooth surface effacement and other non-carious lesion type.
The risk group includes people suffering from diseases of the cardiovascular system, endocrine and metabolic disorders, so visits to the dentist for them - are required. Note also that in the diagnosis of periodontal treatment of folk remedies can help only in the early stages of the disease. Consequently, for any adverse changes in dental health, you must first consult with a specialist, and only then to apply the traditional recipes.
With regard to the clinical picture. In the initial period, patients feel itching in the gums and some uncertainty when chewing. More severe symptoms of periodontal disease are virtually absent. With the development of inflammation becomes more frequent jam food in between teeth, there is a gradual exposure of tooth necks and the formation of V-shaped defects. Untreated periodontitis included in the active stage, which entails early loss of all teeth bed. Periodontal disease, the causes of which are associated with various diseases of the internal organs can enter the stage of stabilization provided to eliminate the underlying disease. In this state, it usually does not progress, but the patient may still occur resorption holes individual teeth caused by inflammatory complications.
Periodontal disease - treatment and prevention of disease
The treatment method is chosen, based on the characteristics of the disease and the general state of the human body. Patients are recommended:
- measures to improve the local blood supply (hydro massage, vacuum massage, darsonvalization);
- Remove hardened dental plaque;
- vitamin-mineral complexes and anabolic agents (Nerobolum, pentoxy, metilupatsila);
- spa treatment;
- a diet rich in calcium and vitamins.
Treatment of periodontal disease, which began in the early stages, has a favorable prognosis. The active form of the disease can result in the loss of some teeth and other complications.
Prevention of periodontal disease is a systematic dental care, periodic removal of tartar, proper nutrition and regular dental checkups.
Periodontal Disease - Treatment folk remedies
Once again, we note that the diagnosis of periodontal disease in the folk remedies can help only at the beginning of developing the disease. This means that the treatment of periodontal disease in the home is able to temporarily remove unpleasant symptoms, but does not eliminate the cause of their appearance. Thus, traditional recipes are used as a complement to the traditional comprehensive treatment of periodontal disease, but it is not a complete substitute. We now proceed directly to the tried and tested "grandmother" means:
- every morning rub the gums in a mixture of honey and salt (10 grams of salt per 20 grams of honey);
- every 4-5 hours, rinse your mouth with an alcohol tincture of propolis (20 drops of tincture in a glass of boiled water);
- Rinse mouth infusion of plantain or use fresh grass for rubbing the gums;
- when loose and bleeding gums can help tincture of rose petals (thirty drops of medication to 0.5 cups of warm boiled water);
- Moisten a cotton swab into the fir oil and apply it to itchy gums for 10-20 minutes. The procedure is done twice a day for 10 days.