In humans, there is a constant exchange of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. Their synthesis and destruction take place with the participation of various enzymes on a strictly defined scenario which is different for each component.
At failures in the metabolism of many unpleasant diseases develop, so the treatment of metabolic disorders must be timely and qualified.
Causes of metabolic disorders
There are many diverse backgrounds for metabolic disorders, but not all of them fully understood. Although it is possible to identify a number of factors that negatively affect the metabolism.
The first cause of metabolic disorders - poor diet, widespread in modern society. Dangerous as the hunger strike, hard dieting and fasting days, and overeating or abundant food once a day.
The second reason for failure of metabolism - is stress and tension for a long period, because all metabolic processes are regulated just at the level of the nervous system.
The next important factor - it's age, particularly in women. Over time (by the end of the childbearing period) cease production of female sex hormones, and in general it leads to metabolic disorders.
At risk abusers smoking and alcohol as harmful substances in cigarettes and booze, inhibit the function of internal secretion.
In addition to these causes of metabolic disorders, there are other: genetic predisposition, lack of daily routine, serious illness, parasitic factor (microorganisms and worms) and much more. However, this does not mean that the failure of metabolic processes incurable. If early detection of symptoms of the disorder and refer to an endocrinologist may be fast enough to restore the normal functioning of the body.
Symptoms of metabolic disorders
Identify metabolic disorder can be the following signs and changes in appearance:
- Tooth decay;
- Rapid weight gain;
- Shortness of breath;
- Violation of the gastrointestinal tract (constipation or diarrhea);
- Change the color of the skin;
- Problems with hair and nails.
Many of the women noticed a few of the symptoms of metabolic disorders and in particular overweight, tend to self-cleanse your body. Doing it is strongly recommended, as you can self-medicate only exacerbate the situation. Any action in this regard should be preceded by consultation of the doctor.
Why metabolism failures require monitoring specialist? The fact that such disorders affect primarily on the processes associated with fat metabolism. The liver can not cope with large amounts of fat accumulated in the body so the low density lipoproteins and cholesterol. They are deposited in the vessel wall and cause the development of diseases of the cardiovascular system. Therefore, finding signs of metabolic disorders, should consult a doctor immediately.
Diseases associated with metabolic disorder
There are many different diseases metabolic disorders, but the main ones can be represented by the following groups:
- Metabolic protein. Protein deficiency leads to diseases such as kwashiorkor (unbalanced fault), alimentary dystrophy (balanced failure), intestinal diseases. If you receive an excess of protein affects the liver and kidneys, there are neuroses and overstimulation, developing kidney stones and gout;
- Disorders of fat metabolism. The excess of the component leads to obesity, and with a lack of fat in the diet slows down growth, there is a loss of weight, the skin becomes dry due to a shortage of vitamins A and E, increased cholesterol, there is bleeding;
- Disturbances of carbohydrate metabolism. The most common endocrine disease in this group - diabetes, which results from a lack of insulin in the metabolism of carbohydrates fails;
- Violations of vitamin metabolism. Excess vitamins or hypervitaminosis, has a toxic effect on the body, and vitamin deficiencies (lack of) leads to diseases of the digestive system, constant fatigue, irritability, drowsiness and a decrease in appetite;
- Disorders of mineral metabolism. At deficiency of minerals developed a number of pathologies: iodine deficiency leads to diseases of the thyroid gland, fluorine - to the development of caries, calcium - to the muscle and bone weakness, potassium - arrhythmias, iron - anemia. Diseases of metabolic disorders associated with an excess of minerals in the body - a nephritis (high in potassium), liver disease (iron overload), the deterioration of the kidneys, blood vessels and heart (when excessive salt intake) and others.
Treatment of metabolic disorders
Treatment of metabolic disorders - it is responsible, and sometimes a very difficult task. Diseases which are caused by genetic, require regular therapy and constant monitoring by doctors. Acquired disease can usually be cured in the early stages, but if there is no timely medical intervention, it can lead to serious complications.
The main forces in the treatment of metabolic disorders should be directed at correcting the diet and nutrition. Should be restricted in the future and to control the amount of carbohydrates and animal fats entering the body. Due to frequent smaller meals can reduce the amount of food eaten at the same time, and as a result, to achieve reduction of the volume of the stomach and visible loss of appetite.
In the treatment of metabolic disorders will also need to adjust the sleep mode. To normalize the metabolism is timely suppression of stress and proper recovery of various negative effects on the psyche. We should not forget about physical activity as moderate exercise increases the body's energy consumption, and this leads to the consumption of fat reserves.
Each of the factors listed above, plays an important role in the treatment of metabolic disorders. But the best results can be achieved with an integrated approach that timely preventive measures to prevent the disease combined with a skilled treatment in the case of developed disease.